@drgadget Automatic Widevine was added for Vivaldi Stable 2.2 and onwards (see https://vivaldi.com/blog/vivaldi-update-focus-on-details/)
From your bug report, you stated that you have Vivaldi version: 2.1 (OpenSuSE) & 2.3 (Raspbian). So for openSUSE you would need to upgrade to a newer build to get automatic Widevine support (required by Prime).
For ARM-based systems you might get it working but the performance will be absolutely terrible (there is no hardware acceleration). First though, you will need to get Widevine manually because Vivaldi cannot get it automatically for ARM, since Google does not offer a download. More information can be found here:
This script should handle the Widevine part
For H.264 support, start vivaldi from a terminal and follow the directions.
@Euriur I have not tested.
But install Python2.
Downlaod the Zip from https://github.com/JRBANCEL/Chromagnon/archive/SNSS.zip
Extract to to folder ~/Chr/
python "~/Chr/Chromagnon-SNSS/chromagnonTab.py" ".config/Vivaldi/User Data/Default/Last Session" > "~/last_session.log"
python "~/Chr/Chromagnon-SNSS/chromagnonTab.py" ".config/Vivaldi/User Data/Default/Last Tabs" > "~/last_tabs.log"
python "~/Chr/Chromagnon-SNSS/chromagnonTab.py" ".config/Vivaldi/User Data/Default/Current Session" > current_session.log
python "~/Chr/Chromagnon-SNSS/chromagnonTab.py" ".config/Vivaldi/User Data/Default/Current Tabs" > current_tabs.log
I'm having this problem too.
In my case, apparently is a problem linked to performance. My computer is not very powerful and sometimes has slowness problems. If I start the Vivaldi browser and some slowness occurs while it is started, it deletes all cookies.
Read this post https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/36104/bug-scroll-wheel-stops-working-intermittently
Do you have a middle button on your Ubuntu box?
If so, clicking it down with a slight movement then release seems to be a temporary fix that someone stumbled upon.
Hi, Vivaldi create a crash log on Windows.
If you get one report the crash-
I have Vivaldi on 6 systems with Windows 7/10 and OpenSuse Linux and never had a crash moving tabs or icons and moving extension icons is only a few weeks possible.
A Vivaldi crew member post debug builds for Linux but cant find them at moment.
I would not say that Vivaldi never crash but rare for me, once every week or something.
Opensuse Tumbleweed x86_64
CPU i7-3520M 8 GB
GPU Intel HD4000
KDE Plasma 188.8.131.52
2.5.1511.4 (Official Build) snapshot (64-bit)
I add that it is advisable to use a different password in kwallet to launch Vivaldi, than the one used for the general access to the SO.
Aí ensures, that in case of having to take the PC to a repair shop, they will not have access to your accounts, although they can use the sistem and the browser as well if you give them the general password.
By default the kwallet uses the same password of the OS, but if you go to the configuration> accounts, you can change your general password, but the kwallet does not change with this and stays with the previous one.
I just submitted another bug report, too: VB-52130. It does not contain a backtrace however since it was one of those "other" crashes, where the browser just would not update its window contents anymore. Had to kill it off, did supply strace output... maybe it is of any help. Before freezing the browser wrote several of these messages to the console:
WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have
incompatible texture filtering.
@xyzzy said in Virgin profiles, bookmarks & speedial thumbnails.:
@Steffie Your understanding actually was correct. VivaldiThumbnails is a new change that got introduced in Vivaldi 2.4. Chromium used to store its thumbnails in Top Sites and Vivaldi did so as well. Then, a few releases ago, Chromium stopped saving thumbnails altogether... and in Chromium 73, they introduced another code change where they would actually purge the stored thumbnails from Tops Sites. Not a good thing for Vivaldi. So, the devs had to come up with an alternative scheme to store Vivaldi's thumbnails.
That's some news to me too, I assume the content of that dir was generated extracting everything from the Topsite db regardless of which thumbnail was actually in use, as I find in it some thumbs I made 4 years ago but now they got replaced by newer ones, even custom.
Anyway I've updated my list of files to keep when refreshing the profile, in the unfortunate event I had to do it again. Would be even better if the list of files/dirs to keep would be mentioned fully in the help page
Thanks for your hints! Starting Vivaldi-Snapshot from the terminal didn't make any difference. Neither did starting Vivaldi-Stable! Well - your second hint helped: Sound was muted for Vivaldi. Don't know how THAT happened! In any case - everything is fine now - roll on Sunday!
Regards from Salzburg