@hlehyaric @jhs_61 Or, even simpler
I'm not a gamer and want that to go away
right click on game icon > untick "show game on speed dial".
I'm getting advertising pages when I launch the browse
Let us know ad links (please replace HTTPS with HxxPS)
Let us know your extensions (some could inject ads in pages)
Test with private/guest window to see if it happens there
Block notifications (chrome://settings/content/notifications)
Unregister service workers vivaldi://serviceworker-internals
If you just mean default speed dial entries you never add... just remove them and they shouldn't appear again.
Je confirme que pour le 3ème jour, le problème n'est pas reparu sur mon PC.
Je ne saurais dire si cela venait du moteur de rendu de Chromium.
Si le problème devait réapparaître dans les prochains jours, je reviendrais sur ce fil ...
@atranel Please contact support.
Open Vivaldi Support page, scroll down until you see "I need help with ...", select type, fill the form and send us message.
Thanks for your feedback. The Support team will look into your request as soon as possible. Please note that their working hours are Monday to Friday, 08:00 CET - 18:00 CET.
@jeffprater said in User icon missing on tab bar when synced:
when I cycled through all the themes, the top "bar" (I don't know what you call it) was purple for like every theme except for dark and subtle
This is not a bug and is expected behavior. Those two themes you name have the Accent Color from Active Page option disabled.
Screenshot_20200417-212831_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
Whereas the other themes have it enabled and the page you have active has purple as its dominant color.
You can edit the themes, even create your own from scratch, and disable that option if you do not like it.
All your sync data is encrypted before it is sent to Vivaldi's servers. The encryption password is used in this encryption process. Think of it like this: The encryption password is like a key, and it is used to "unlock" your sync data.
You cannot retrieve or reset your encryption password because Vivaldi does not store it anywhere on their servers, and your data cannot be encrypted ("unlocked") without that password.
If you never chose an encryption password, it should use your Vivaldi account password by default. So try using that.
Salut @lttl60 ,
Le Webmail de Vivaldi, basé sur RoundCube, dispose d'une fonctionnalité d'import/export des contacts (au format vCard ou CSV, je crois). As-tu essayé ?
Il doit aussi être possible d'accéder au calendrier de Vivaldi.net (en lecture seule) via un client supportant le format iCal. L'url est indiquée dans les réglages de calendrier. Pas testé, personnellement.
Hi, some user report blank passwords after update but I can find the thread at moment.
Please keep your folder "Default" as backup it include the complete profile.
Path is published in File > Help > About
May other user know the workaround to get your passwords back.
Parts of the profile are encrypted already with the Windows ID, this never work on a different computer or even same computer with a new Windows install, for example.
I use sync from the first start and never lost anything.
Hi, it should be fixed in Vivaldi 2.8 stable and Vivaldi for Android Snaphot 2.7.1624.207 but is not for me.
• [Sync][Notes] Duplication: To benefit from the change, all synced clients must include this fix (VB-57285)
If you verify your systems are all "up to date" and problem still there I can make a bug report or you can do, of course.
@anita-johnson said in Question about sync.:
I feel so insecure syncing while not knowing if stuff and whatt stuff is going to be copied or erased...
There are help articles which you fight find useful -
@gaelle I wanted to give y'all an update. I upgraded to the new build of Android Vivaldi released today (219) but still having issues with sync. Currently my settings are that I only have Bookmarks set to sync on Android, all the other sync options are disabled. It is displaying green checks next to both upload & download with a timestamp of about 2 hours ago. When I first upgraded after about 2 hours I checked and it was reporting the same Network error described in the bug, and the retry timer ran past 0 into the negative. After a little bit of watching the timer continue to go negative without apparently retrying, I changed the settings from Synchronize All to just syncing the bookmarks and applied the new settings.
As long as no error is displayed when I check, I'm going to let it be for at least another 2 hours. I think that they're are at least 2 issues underlying this bug. There are the errors of course, but also displaying success when the data hasn't actually been downloaded and applied. As mentioned in the report, the app reported success nearly immediately, but only about 4 hours later did my bookmarks and other content become available in the app.
Hopefully that's what is happening right now: incorrectly showing success while still processing and Vivaldi Android will eventually complete the sync. If I get the time, I'll try sniffing the network to look for the sync traffic, but I can't promise I'll get to that today.