A squahed bug sadly has reincarnated with this Snapshot 3.5.2088.7 / Chrome 86.0.4240.112. Bwaaaaah.
Summary: Searx POST unavailable/defective from Search Field.
Project: Vivaldi Browser
Environment: Vivaldi version: 3.1.1929.3
Operating System: Linux x86.64
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.75 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/3.1.1929.3
Searx POST unavailable/defective from Search Field.
Unlike the original manifestation of this bug, now it afflicts more than only Searx POST. Even other search engines are misbehaving; losing my search text & just delivering their default landing pages [when set to POST; they still work ok in GET].
I confirmed this also with my Test profile [no extensions or hooks active].
Stable continues to work correctly in this regard.
PS: All the above applies only to the primary Search tab setting for Always Search in New Tab being enabled; when it's disabled, correct outcomes still arise [but this is no good because this obliterates the active tab's current contents with the search result].
For me 23 tabs (3 rows) is OK, because I use extensively an iframe preview: Iframe - Link Viewer (only click in the white square to go in, and click the "x" or outside the iframe to go out)
I am having trouble with this build as well as the two previous builds.
I can't login to this site (to post this comment) in incognito mode.
Secondly on this site:
If you change the resolution or the volume and refresh the page, it doesn't "stick" but reverts to default values.
Also you can't change the volume with the mouse, it just ignores the dragging motion.
Something is definitely up with these builds...breaking stuff all over.
@mossman Those execrable peeps wot go gratuitously OT at the drop of a hat are just soooo tiresome. Onya for having the willpower to avoid that massive character flaw. Speaking of floors btw, i really wish someone would paint my front door soon, & also, gosh but it's a bleak rainy day here today. The consequence of course is that the ambiguity has put on weight, the point is taken, the elk is dead, the beast stops at Swindon, Chabrol stops at nothing, I'm having treatment... & MPFC forever.
I cannot run the snapshot for some unknown reason on any computer
C:\Vivaldi Snap directory
Has worked forever before!!!
Either my method is wrong or the download is perhaps corrupt
Help anyone....thank you
@npro Teehee, i strongly endorse/support/concur.
I have stubbornly persisted on & off for the past few days to go through most of my large suite of regular fav sites, one by one tuning uBO to them. In most cases i was pleasantly surprised that i seemed able to control these sites nearly as well as with uM ... but there's now three of my favs that simply refuse to work as well in uBO as they do in uM. The granular matrix component control available in uM is simply superb.
Then, once i was done, i decided to take a sticky-beak at the comparative resource consumption. I assumed they would be more or less the same, hence i was pretty surprised to discover that as well as its surgically-precise tuning control [or more likely, exactly because of it], uM wiped the floor with uBO. Whilst i'm not, anyone running on limited hardware should like this uM advantage.
Though it's taken a fair bit of effort & a lot of time to reach this point, i'm actually pleased to have done it, because now i have a renewed quantified rationale to explain to myself, anytime in future that i start wondering anew why am i using uM rather than uBO.
There is only one thing for which uBO would be a better choice in Vivaldi than uM, for anybody who likes using a UI Zoom < 100% ... uBO's UI seems not to break as badly as uM's UI does.