I had the same issue, I hope this helps you:
After starting vivaldi from console, I spotted:
database.cc(1709)] Calendar sqlite error 1, errno 0: no such column: uid, sql: SELECT id, calendar_id, alarm_id, title, description, start, end, all_day, is_recurring, start_recurring, end_recurring, location, url, etag, href,uid, event_type_id, task, complete, trash, trash_time, sequence, ical, rrule, organizer, timezone, due, priority, status, percentage_complete, categories, component_class, attachment, completed FROM events where is_template = 0
~/.config/Vivaldi/Calendar + Calendar-journal
~/.config/Vivaldi/Profile 5/Calendar + Calendar-journal
It was starting up without any calendar.
@doctorg The Fair Housing Amendments Act? Fédération Haïtienne d'Athlétisme Amateur? Field Hockey Association of America?
Honestly, the GPU vendors invent new AA techniques more often than they change their underwear it seems 😂
(I think they mean FXAA...)
@pesala Have you actually tested this? In a clean profile of Vivaldi 4.0 Stable, I set permissions like this:
Then I do as you say, go to Site Settings and choose Reset Permissions. Reload the page as prompted. It looks like this:
Basically, all permissions set as "Block" will show up there, even if they are set as defaults.
The reason I have such a ridiculous number of permissions in the list is that I in addition go though the expanded site settings list in the Chromium settings and set everything I have no need for to Block.
But this does not take away from the fact that this dialog is broken - it simply does not scale. As more and more "nifty" Web API features become available, this dialog will continue to grow and get outside the available display area for those with smaller monitors (and old eyes requiring high DPI scaling values).
There is no need for anyone to make offensive comments when useful support is offered.
I presume you were replying to @rarlon's reply with this. And yes, it was unwarranted.
Oh right... 🤦♂
Have you forgotten what we talked about back in March?
Edit: Never mind, this crashing won't be helped with that flag. You will have to turn off Windows High Contrast. Vivaldi really really needs to fix this bug permanently.
I've been suffering the same inability to sign into some sites using Vivaldi 4.0.23. including Outlook. Strangely I was able to sign in to those sites using "Web Apps" which is pre-loaded in Linux Mint 20 and which opens (in my case) as a separate Vivaldi window. I could also sign in to them in Firefox. So the problem was not associated with the sites themselves. Thanks to some of the above suggestions I have turned off ad blocking for those sites and they now act as they should. I guess that's an unfortunate price I must pay until a fix comes along.
@doctorg thank you, that's a perfect explanation.
Yes, it was a question of "Developing".
My chosen profile is open when opening the Vivaldi application.
However, from other apps like outlook, if I click on a link, it will open in the vivaldi window where the focus was previously.
But from what I understand we can not do better today.
@wildimpresario Hello and Welcome to the Vivaldi Community 🙂 👍
impossible to log into some websites (ex., Player.fm) using Google accounts
Most likely because you've turned Cryto Token support off in Privacy > Google Extensions.
there doesn't seem to be any way to see what is actually being blocked, it only shows the server name
You can press F12 > Network tab, to see what is being blocked on a site.
Do you see blocked requests to the sites you mention?
Try updating the EasyList by deselecting and selecting it again.
if it's just going to classify podcast audio sources as "ads".
Sometimes overly aggressive and too general rules manage to sneak their way into blocklists, but usually they are removed again fast.
The URL for the EasyList is: https://downloads.vivaldi.com/easylist/easylist-current.txt
You can search that (huge) file for the URLs being blocked. No mention of player.fm for instance. So it might be part of the URL.
Have you gone through all the troubleshooting tips?
After that, make a step-by-step guide how to reproduce your issue(s) in a clean profile of latest Vivaldi Stable.
@julien_picalausa said in Vivaldi keeps closing automatically no matter the version:
Getting another crash after resetting remote data once should have solved the issue, so you are most likely seeing a different crash. You can look into submitting a crash log so that we can investigate further.
Thanks, but I should have mentioned it's not a "crash". As the title of this thread says, Vivaldi Snapshot just "closed".
When I launched it again, it went up as if nothing had happened before.
There are/were no crash logs and it's impossible to create a meaningful bug report.
That's why I'm asking here whether other people have experienced the same thing.
Currently I've logged out of Sync and Vivaldi Snapshot is working perfectly well.
When I get some time, I'll switch Sync on again and see what happens.