The flag is disabled in the Chromium source and Vivaldi does not change these settings. In my opinion they should as all new Vivaldi user come from another browser.
The password import is broken for Chrome too and it is the only way to get them anyway.
Welcome to Vivaldi's Forums!
Follow the Signature's link Backup | Reset to find out your VProfile.
Back it up
Locate Login Data
Back it up
Rename the original
Run V and Import your .CSV
Some useful links:
alt textAlso Forums
Community 🤓 🎓
Panels | :left-pointing_magnifying_glass: Engines
Feature Requests ¿?
Menus | FAQ
Vivaldi How To
"Off Topic Tip"
Follow the Signature's Backup | Reset link.
Take the opportunity to start a Backup plan and even create a Template Profile.
Windows 7 (x64)
Vivaldi Backup | Reset + Extra Steps
@manversman Vivaldi will not and can not sync with Google.
That said, you could perhaps write a script to re-import from Chrome every time you open Vivaldi, but the very idea makes me slightly queasy.
That said, Vivaldi will soon sync with Android (as it does on my test version), though at first tabs might not be included (or they might, after a fashion).
I tried this solution, the flag is active, but no import available.
When I go to vivaldi://settings/passwords/ I get to the first settings screen and in the passwords page, it doesn't appear either.
Alle users are imported but the passwords are empty, when I make the password field readable it appears to be empty
I'm on 3.0.1874.38 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
I restarted already several times. Even tried the shortcut solution.
Please help me get my passwords back, it's pretty useless otherwise.
I was able to find the settings page by going to chrome:// rather than vivaldi://
There I have the improt function now. But... Nothing happens when I import and they are also empty
UPDATE: it worked, but now it's all double :D, the empty and the filled ones 😃
and ctrl+shift+del > delete passwords doesn't affect...
@Pesala The worry is that when the data is exported, it is exported in a corrupt form. This is the reason why I'm requesting text lists instead, so that in the worst case all that's involved is a large amount of selecting options and copying and pasting, but one can be confident that the data being copied and pasted is not corrupt.
I know this is an old topic, but for any searchers who come across it: See a workaround in This Script Copies Description, Separators, etc. from HTML to Existing Vivaldi Bookmarks. It can copy Descriptions, Keywords/Nicknames, Tags, and Separators to old existing bookmarks or to newly imported ones.