@ArchiTechOffi The filename should work even in other languages. I don't think Spanish would be too different to English.
You use the browser dev tools. You can access these using the instructions given here: https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/16684/inspecting-the-vivaldi-ui-with-devtools?page=1
(I don't know spanish, so I can't translate unfortunately)
I am on Linux, and used FF forever. When they took away the functionality to have a description in the bookmarks, I switched. I use the description to put password hints for all the various sites I have accounts on. Palemoon supports it, and I've been using it for several years now.
I like it, but it has recently started to lag in performance and support of some sites, which is odd. Because up until now it has been rock solid. It's annoying me to the point that I am thinking of switching again, so I am looking hard a Vivaldi.
Discovering in this thread that the import doesn't work for description was heartbreaking. This script seems promising... but is there any talk of making this actually WORK in the browser? I am afraid that if I use the script and get used to Vivaldi the descriptions could break, unintentionally or intentionally. I rely on them, so it's functionality I need.
I tried this solution, the flag is active, but no import available.
When I go to vivaldi://settings/passwords/ I get to the first settings screen and in the passwords page, it doesn't appear either.
Alle users are imported but the passwords are empty, when I make the password field readable it appears to be empty
I'm on 3.0.1874.38 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
I restarted already several times. Even tried the shortcut solution.
Please help me get my passwords back, it's pretty useless otherwise.
I was able to find the settings page by going to chrome:// rather than vivaldi://
There I have the improt function now. But... Nothing happens when I import and they are also empty
UPDATE: it worked, but now it's all double :D, the empty and the filled ones 😃
and ctrl+shift+del > delete passwords doesn't affect...
@Pesala The worry is that when the data is exported, it is exported in a corrupt form. This is the reason why I'm requesting text lists instead, so that in the worst case all that's involved is a large amount of selecting options and copying and pasting, but one can be confident that the data being copied and pasted is not corrupt.
Hi and yes. I have a second account for testing sync issues and/or use it for my second stable test install.
On my second profile I use my first account once to sync passwords and bookmarks, then I disabled it.