List of incompatible extensions

• This is just an update for the first post which was written in BBcode; some info removed as probably affect only older vivaldi/chromium engine versions

• Alphatext: Modify the text sizes and spacing between the lines in webpages. It partially works, however, setting the spacing > 1.2 could mess with some images and buttons. Consider adjusting parameters directly in Vivaldi instead.
    • Anti adblock killer.js: Script usually used in Tampermonkey/Violentmonkey and combined with an adblocker. Basically, it should work, but I don't recommend it as can break some sites (not browser issue).
    • Context: Enable/Disable extension grouping them. Should work in newer versions, if not try SimpleExtManager or something other (there are several extension for that now).
    • Click and clean: Was heavy on RAM and not fully working. Consider Vanilla Cookie manager if you like to keep your cookies clean and native Vivaldi cleaning options too.
    • Extension defender: Should check for malicious extensions... but it hangs at "scanning"
    • Internet Download manager (6.25 20+): Should work well, as Vivaldi is supported in the application, but sometimes can also fail. Keep program and its extension updated for the best results.
    • IE Tab multi (enhanced): Use the deprecated NPAPI. So consider it dead.
    • Some download managers: Some works, but some other doesn't. Try them all. (Ok, only some).
    • Some "problematics" extensions categories: Extensions for history, tabs, sessions, windows, theming and the ones which rely on particular google APIs, couldn't work, as Vivaldi has its own interface for these elements.
    • Sucuri sitecheck: Should check opened site for bad behaviours. It hangs at "scanning".
    • Video downloader helper: Not every video grabber works. Try Fast Video Downloader or Flash video downloader which works.
    • Video downloader professional: DON'T use it; this extension has bad behaviour (inject ads in tabs and it's also considered malware from some tools as Junkware Removal tool (its id: elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil)

• None of the drag and search extensions such as "Yet Another Drag and Go" or "Simple Drag & Drop Search" work.

• Thanks for your comments and sorry for the troubles you encountered. Does the following fix the issues you're having with IDM?

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/3rd-party-extensions/10638-idm-6-25-on-vivaldi-1-1-fix#57680

:)

• Hangouts worked smoothly earlier in older versions of Vivaldi (or older versions of Hangouts?). Now it shows blank window until i open F12 mode and press F5. Or until a new message arrives. So it almost works.

• The same problem with Hangouts extension on 1.2.485.14.
    Attachments:

Tabs Outliner also does not work: when you click the extension button, the Tabs Outliner window does not appear.

EDIT:
    I didn't realize there was already a separate thread about the issue here.

Made this topic a sticky.

• Click&Clean don´t work well and shows only a half meu

• Rest web service
    Extension won't save anything. (Favorites, Last calls)

Btw. anyone knowing a working nice REST client for Vivaldi?

• FVD Speeddial still doesn't work (Mac)

Live preview dials do not show correctly, updating them causes Vivaldi to open each dial in a new window to refresh (it should happen in the background.

This is keeping me from using Vivaldi as my main browser as I really like the live previews of my favourite sites.

Ian

• Print Edit does not work.

How it works in Chrome:
    Reopens current page in new tab, with additional gui bar, where the user select what elements to show/hide before printing the page.

Vivaldi reopens the current page in new tab, without the additional gui bar.

• Google Drive in particular and Google Services in general:

[attachment=4334]Screenshotfrom2016-08-2805-18-13.png[/attachment]
    This is the 1st screen I get to.

[attachment=4335]Screenshotfrom2016-08-2805-18-48.png[/attachment]
    This is the 2nd screen I get to. Nothing.

This has been reported as a bug, VB-20826, and searched the forum without success on this earlier.

Ubuntu 16.0.4 LTS on VirtualBox (8 GB - 32 GB storage - 128 MB VM)
    Snapshot 1.3.582.3 Deb amd64
    Attachments:

• Probably most of the extensions which use google APIs/login won't work in Vivaldi (for the moment at least); For what I know, Google Drive is one of them :)

• Hadden89

When I did a search on Google Drive and similar, I didn't find anything until I refreshed this page and found the what should be now sticky list that has been updated.

Elsewhere, it was noted that program that launches other browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE, Mozilla, etc.) will not work in Chrome due to "certain permissions" that are allowed in Mozilla but not Chrome. Since Vivaldi is chromium at it's core, I don't see a workaround for this, BiCBW.{"But i Could Be Wrong"}

• I found some extensions work only when Opera is installed along. For instance Roboform Password from Google Extension will not work without having Opera installed. Even though I dont use Opera, I have to have it in order for Roboform to work with Vivaldi Roboform installer itself do not recognize Vivaldi. It sees only FF, Opera and Chrome. For Browser Cleaning I use **Click & Clean** because **History Eraser** which I like more doesnt work with VV :S

• Fleex doesn't work. It should display button on the toolbar, but the button appears only for half a second (after installing/enabling) and then disappears. There's no way to activate the extension without the button.

Vivaldi 1.4.589.15 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Revision 670f6a9e453ba1001989e91084c0d7505fb504dd
    OS Linux
    Blink 537.36 (@670f6a9e453ba1001989e91084c0d7505fb504dd)
    JavaScript V8 5.3.332.37
    Flash 23.0.0.162
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.90 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.4.589.15
    Command Line /usr/bin/vivaldi-stable –ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=23.0.0.162 --always-authorize-plugins --disable-translate --window-depth=24 --x11-visual-id=33 --wm-user-time-ms=37888487 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
    Executable Path /opt/vivaldi/vivaldi
    Profile Path /home/kossak/.config/vivaldi/Default

• Xmarks downloads only bookmarks in "Bookmarks bar" folder, but not these in "Other bookmarks" folder.

• Ghostery

It detects stuff but does not block.

• Bamboo Spear

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bamboo-spear/eakplngdcboeilofopihpjnoeclenhmn?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

The opened menu-icon options popup is flickering terribly … the plugin works so far, but it's a threat to the eyes.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.