Create New Folder when Bookmarking Page

• Vivaldi Ambassador

Ability to create a new bookmarks folder from the dialog box when bookmarking a page, instead of having to go to the bookmarks page to create one.

• @dominicw2 said in Create New Folder when Bookmarking Page:

Ability to create a new bookmarks folder from the dialog box when bookmarking a page, instead of having to go to the bookmarks page to create one.

Yes, this one gets me all the time. I have very few complaints about Vivaldi, but this one repeatedly gets in my way.

Thanks,
    -Damon

Really, I miss that option, mainly I like bookmark everything (lol) and wanna a thing more organized in an easier way.

• This is a must. It is a pain and illogical to create a folder, then go back to the tab and be able to bookmark it in the new folder.

**ALSO while adding bookmark, should be able to:

1. Rename a folder
    2. Move folders
    3. Delete folders**

But at least give us the function to add a new folder please.

Thanks.

@washere Use the Bookmarks Panel for organising bookmarks. Drag and Drop, rename, adding folders, editing URLs, Nicknames, and Titles are all easy in the Bookmarks Panel.

0_1529864750367_Bookmark Properties.png

The Bookmarks Bar has been incomplete since its introduction years ago. This issue is well-known, and often complained about, but it is a low priority because it requires a lot of work to implement, and there are easy workarounds, e.g. by using the Bookmarks Panel or Bookmarks Tab.

• @pesala Thanks for the tip. That is a good way.

I can see how a full featured bookmarker will be a lot of work.

A workaround might be to add an options button to the bookmarker popup.

Then it closes itself, opens the left bookmark panel, fills in URL & name, and puts the cursor focus there.

Depending on how it is coded, it might be easier, or not, just an idea.

I will not hold my breath for the function if it is a lot of work and less urgent that other issues as you inform.

Thanks again for the tip.

• @pesala Would it still be a lot of work to include a button next to "delete" in the add bookmark pop-up that would trigger the bookmark panel to open and create the new folder?

I have no idea how browsers are made, so I can believe that something that seems simple might actually be a massive pain to implement.

Thanks for the reminder about the bookmark panel btw, I keep forgetting it exists for some reason despite using the other panels constantly.

If it helps anyone else in this thread, if you right-click on a folder in the bookmarks panel you're given the option to "Bookmark Active Page", which is what I've started doing after creating a new folder.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.