Collapse Folders when Adding a Bookmark

• When you have multiple levels of many folders, searching for the right folder when adding a bookmark is painful, as you're scrolling through a long list of subfolders (with confusing whitespace indentation) before you'll find for example some top-level folder you are looking for.

In Firefox you can collapse any folder, which helps a lot. I'm attaching a screenshot for comparison between Vivaldi and Firefox.

0_1523365774171_vivaldi vs. firefox.png

@oskark Instead of scrolling, just type the first letter of a folder, If there is more than one folder beginning with that letter, just keep pressing it.

• I would appreciate this feature too.

• Thank you @Pesala for the note about being able to cycle through folders by typing the first letter of a folder.

Quick note about that feature for those who try it, I noticed that if you accidentally press a letter that is not the starting letter of any of your folders and then quickly press the correct letter you intended that is the starting letter of at least one folder, nothing will happen, it will not cycle toward that folder. You need to wait a moment after pressing a letter that doesn't exist. Then you are able to start cycling again. Hope this avoids some confusion about the feature for anyone who accidentally mistypes like me.

@monroest If you type the first two or three letters of the folder name you can skip any duplicates beginning with the first letter, e.g. typing "be" quickly goes straight to "Best on YouTube" skipping Bookmarks, Bookmarks Bar, and Buddhism; "bu" goes straight to Buddhism, etc.

Soon you will realise that expanding a bookmarks folder tree and scrolling around with a mouse or trackpad is a complete waste of time.

• @pesala Thanks. Didn't know that worked.

• I've been waiting for this feature for a long time.
    I have hundreds of folders that I use to organize various types of content and when I save it is very difficult to find the folder with all expanded.
    And it is a relatively easy feature to implement.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.