Allow Editing of Menus

Both main menus and context menus should be editable to add, move, remove items, change access keys, etc.

• I think that this is an absolutely essential feature. Vivaldi's context menus currently are way too large. E.g., right clicking an image that is also a hyperlink results in a menu with a massive 23 entries (plus possibly additional entries created by your extensions). About two thirds of these I will certainly never use. Being able to customize menus would make it much more efficient.

Now for how it should be implemented, as far as I am concerned this feature does not need a GUI. Just being able to control the context menu entries in some documented manner using custom CSS/JS would be enough for me.

@wea0 Yes. In Opera 12.18 my customised image link context menu has just 13 items while the default menu has 17.

0_1518412967468_Image Link Context Menu.png

Customising is by editing the appropriate section of a single *.ini file for all menus. It is not too hard for geeks, but rather too hard for many users. I use Serif programs that have a full gui editor for editing both toolbars and menus, which makes it easier for ordinary users.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.