Sync custom Speed Dial thumbnails

• Related topic here

I'd like to sync thumbnails across my devices.
    It will be nice if Vivaldi ask me if I want to sync all of them or only "custom" ones (so there should be internal flag to mark if thumbnail is generated or custom)

• Agreed! I have custom thumbnails for all of my speed dial items and having them not sync across devices is unfortunate. Would love to see this feature ASAP!

• Hi, just for info, if you have the images in a cloud like Google Drive, One Drive, and the path is the same on all systems all custom icons are working.
    Syncing icons would be better for sure, up voted.

Cheers, mib

• @mib2berlin It's hard to maintain same path across different machines for me... ๐Ÿ˜•
    Windows / Linux / some machines with limitations enforced by company policies, etc...
    For now the only way to be sure is to keep all thumbs in directory with built-in ones and edit bookmarks file using relative pathes.

• @ROTFL
    How do you use relative paths? It may be a good workaround but I'm not sure how to do it.

• @petersaints Check how default Speed Dial thumbnails are linked in Bookmarks file (located inside Your V profile directory). Look for entries with filenames like "sd_...".

This directory is accessible from V but the main problem is that part of path (at least on Windows) is version-specific.
    So you have to move your files after every update or for example place hardlink te entire directory (and manually update it with Vivaldi too).

It could be scripted ofc but a native support is always the best option.

• I am honestly a bit astounded that this along with Store Custom Speed Dial Thumbnails still haven't been implemented. Syncing the thumbnails across various machines is rather important to me, and I would also very much like to move my thumbnail folder somewhere else so that it acts as a backup instead.

• I'd love to have this option implemented in Vivaldi Mobile ๐Ÿ˜

• Yea, if sync, then for all machines. Now since the Android version is out I imported my Opera bookmarks and switched to Vivaldi. The sync feature is most important in this scenario.

Speed dial looks very poor on the Android so far.
    Dieter

• Yes, this feature I would like to see added as well as custom speed dial images.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.