Open certain links in external apps

• Hello, I wanted to propose you a feature which I don't think is that rare or complicated.
    The feature I'm talking about is opening certain links in external apps like YouTube.com or Facebook.com links. You could set it in options or hold down the link and set it to always open in Facebook or YouTube app.

@Polando I like the way Firefox does it where you can just open a normal url, but there's a button in the address bar you can press to open in other apps.

I don't think I would ever want to set such options as a permanent default though - that's one of my gripes with desktop. Once you associate a scheme with an app there's no way to undo it.

• @LonM said in Open certain links in external apps:

Once you associate a scheme with an app there's no way to undo it.

This also happens with third-part apps (like the one I actually use) but with a substancial difference, and it's about the abilty to choose every time. For example when you try to open a video, this app shows you a list of all the players (and apps inside you're Andorid phone) that have the ability to run that video. Below the list you have (*always) the ability to choose: run only once or remember the choice:
    *Of course, if you choose to remember the choice the app never ask again in the future. In this case you must go inside the Android permissions, check the app that you give always permission and undo, deleting data.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.