Option to Modify the Tab Width

• I've been searching in this forum (and the web) for a while and noticed a couple unsuccessful posts asking this question. Is there any way to make all top/bottom (not side) tabs wider- both active and inactive tabs? I think the tabs are not wide enough and it truncates much of the tab text.

Is there anything located in the default common.css that can accomplish this? I've looked in this file and tried some alterations with no success.

Is this something that's hardwired into the Chromium engine and cannot be changed? Thanks so much.

• @seeley Has nothing to do with chromium, the UI is Vivaldi's code. You can change the tab width with CSS, but there are so many issues arising from this that it isn't usable.

Thread moved to feature requests forum, and topic title made less specific to suit those who would like to reduce the width of tabs.

At 100% UI Zoom the default tab width in Vivaldi is 180 pixels.
    In Opera 12.18, I have my tab width set to 145 pixels.

• @luetage said in Option to Modify the Tab Width:

@seeley Has nothing to do with chromium, the UI is Vivaldi's code. You can change the tab width with CSS, but there are so many issues arising from this that it isn't usable.

Yes. The closest I got was making the active tab wider, but the inactive/background tabs were unaffected. So the active tab would overlap the background tabs and the New Tab button would be overlapped or hidden as well. Thx.

@pesala said in Option to Modify the Tab Width:

At 100% UI Zoom the default tab width in Vivaldi is 180 pixels.
    In Opera 12.18, I have my tab width set to 145 pixels.

Thanks. How did you change the tab width in Opera? I'm wondering if that method would offer any hints.

@seeley There is a section in the Toolbar.ini file, which is in my \profile\toolbar\ folder.

[Pagebar.style]
    Button style=1
    Large Images=1
    Wrapping=0
    Maximum Button Width=120
    Grow To Fit=0
    Mini Buttons=0
    Mini Edit=0

• @pesala I tried. Didn't see any similarities. Thanks anyway.

The Active Tab Minimum Width can now be set with a slider to anything between 30 and 180 pixels, but the Tab Width is still fixed at 180 pixels.

This feature request is not implemented, one can only adjust the tab width if the tabs are placed on the side, where the width can be increased to about 260 pixels.

The slider for Active Tab Minimum Width would have to be changed to 30 to maximum if this feature was implemented.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.