Add folder option to Bookmark Panel/Manager items

• I was editing some bookmarks entries and I remembered in Opera you could choose what folder the bookmark would be saved individually like this

alt text

Then I suggest to add this option to the Bookmark Panel/Manager too.

alt text

You can already choose a folder when adding a bookmark.

0_1522652793941_Add Bookmark Choose Folder.png

I see no benefit in choosing a folder for bookmarks that have already been added. Whether using the Bookmarks Panel or the Bookmarks Tab to organise bookmarks, it is easy to drag and drop bookmarks to a different folder.

• Yes you can select an existing folder in which to save a new bookmark, but you can't create a new folder: first you have to create the folder in the bookmarks panel and then add the bookmark to it, whch is rather clumsy.

@ladyjane That is a different issue. Vote for Create New Folder when Bookmarking Page

• @pesala said in Add folder option to Bookmark Panel/Manager items:

You can already choose a folder when adding a bookmark.

0_1522652793941_Add Bookmark Choose Folder.png

I see no benefit in choosing a folder for bookmarks that have already been added. Whether using the Bookmarks Panel or the Bookmarks Tab to organise bookmarks, it is easy to drag and drop bookmarks to a different folder.

You can change of idea and organize them in another folder and it helps to identify which folder the item is from instead I look for visually where the item is localized scrolling up/down till to find it(mainly when you have a lot of items into a folder in the middle of other folders). I was thinking about it when I was editing some bookmark items. And could be a quicker way when you wanna move one items or some ones and not a amount. And I add mainly into main folder of bookmarks, I am not confortable 100% with the B-Manager to do a real reorganization because I don't feel it so fluid to organize like the Presto one was.

But I won't take part of your reason off about to use the Panel + the Manager to move it/them (Using both already works with the old "Split View" of Presto which is how I used the bookmark manager there. It's just to move specifics items, when was one or two I used that popup to move, only when I was with idea to move many ones into other folders I used the drag'n'drop.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.