Better cookie management

• Especially a native whitelist in Vivaldi settings is needed. I would also like to be able to delete cookies that have been saved to file storage. Both of these functionalities are only available in chrome://settings/content/cookies at the moment, which isn't optimal.

Accepting cookies from third party sites can be turned on/off, but an additional whitelist would make sense too.

• This makes me realise something:

If I enable the Keep local data only until you quit your browser, then the file system / cache cookies (or whatever they are) listed under the all cookies bit in chrome's site content settings are not cleared. This seems odd.

• @lonm Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. I visit the cookie settings in the chrome settings regularly just to manually get rid of this junk, which is annoying :/

• @luetage This seems odd, my cache is cleared every time I close Vivaldi. And I didn't have to go to the Chrome settings to do so, it's already available in Vivaldi setting in the private life tab. Or maybe I don't understand what you mean ?

• @peter You need to look at vivaldi://settings/content/cookies and you will understand

• @witchtech That's very weird, looks like the cookies shown on this adress and in the Vivaldi settings don't match. You're right, there is a problem here. Even after deleted them in the history tab they're stil present in the chrome page :/

• Totally agree

• @luetage said in Better cookie management:

Especially a native whitelist in Vivaldi settings is needed. I would also like to be able to delete cookies that have been saved to file storage. Both of these functionalities are only available in 'chrome://settings/content/cookies` at the moment, which isn't optimal.

Accepting cookies from third party sites can be turned on/off, but an additional whitelist would make sense too.

I'd also like a slight variation on this which I call sticky cookies - an easy way to manage the cookies I want to keep.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.