Custom Buttons

• I know we have Concatenate Commands and Configurable Toolbar, but there doesn't yet seem to be a distinct request for Custom buttons that can be created and added.

In old opera, you could create a button for any command, and make it look like whatever you wanted. For example: opera:/button/Clear disk cache,,,25164,"Clear disk cache" & New page,1 & Go to page, "opera:cache". This, shared as a link, could be "installed" as a button on any toolbar to quickly clear the cache without needing to remember a shortcut.

This request is somewhat moot until both the aforementioned requests are implemented, but I think it's worth having all the same.

• @lonm Yes this feature of the old good Opera was great and very elegant, but I dubt if it is possible to implement it to Vivaldi because of the Chromium-core.

• It is possible as a custom program layer between chromium and UI. With page-scripts support and custom command-list.
    But of course devs will not do this. Too complicated, and little people of all Vivaldi users will use it.

• I would like to be able to add the Save As and Print buttons.

The custom button code in Opera made it easy for users to share their best ideas.

I still use a button created by sgunhouse IIRC to split a tab:

• First click splits it vertically
    • Second click splits it horizontally
    • Long click removes the split

The tiles can be resized too.

0_1528666442928_Split Tab.png

opera:/button/Go%20to%20page,%22javascript%3A(function(f)%7Bif(f)if(f.rows)%7Bf.cols=f.rows;f.removeAttribute('rows')%7Delse%7B%20f.rows=f.cols;f.removeAttribute('cols')%7Delse%7Bvar%20w=window,d=document,html=d.documentElement.outerHTML;d.write('%3Ctitle%3E'+d.title+'%3C/title%3E%3Cframeset%20rows=%5C'50%,50%'+'%5C'%20id=%5C'fset__%5C'%3E%3Cframe%20id=%5C'f1%5C'%3E%3Cframe%20id=%5C'f2%5C'%3E%3C/frameset%3E');w.f1.document.write(html);w.f2.document.write(html)%7D%7D)(window.fset__)%22,1,%22Split(H+V)%22,%22Split%22%20+%20Reload

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.