Locking Pinned Tabs

• I know this was requested a long time ago but I have moved from firefox and I find it a nuisance that a pinned tab isn't really pinned. In firefox if you have pinned gmail and are in that tab and you open calendar it opens in a new tab, not the pinned tab. I guess I will be advised to press back but what is the point of pinned tabs if they are not really pinned to the url?

• Ideally be able to define a domain/website/path/... which is allowed to change or forces a switch of tabs/windows...

@spinnekop said in Locking pinned tabs:

what is the point of pinned tabs if they are not really pinned to the url?

The point is to stop them being closed by accident (and to save some space, but that can be done with stacking). If I want to open a link in a new tab, then I will use the appropriate shortcut for that: Shift+Click, GestureDown, Middle-click or whatever.

I would find it too restricting to not be able to navigate in pinned tabs, but then that's why we have options and feature requests.

I agree with the idea of Restoring Pinned Tabs on Startup .

• @morg42 said in Locking pinned tabs:

Ideally be able to define a domain/website/path/... which is allowed to change or forces a switch of tabs/windows...

I also dreamed about such an option long ago. It's easy to forget that you don't want to go away from some page and just click an link with the left button instead of opening it in a new tab.
    There could be separate option - "lock tab". If it is enabled then all links on that tab will be opened in new tabs. No matter whether if this tab is pinned or no.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.