Keyboard shortcut to move a tab to the next window

• When:

• A user has 3 screens (on the left, center and right).
    • The user opened Vivaldi in the central screen. Then he opened another Vivaldi window and placed it on the left screen, and another one, placed one the right screen.
    • The user has a tab opened in the central window.

• The user presses the key shortcut for the 1st time – the tab is moved to the left window. He uses the shortcut for the 2nd time – the tab goes right. He uses the shortcut for the 3rd time – the tab goes to the central window again.

If the current tab is a part of a tab stack, the whole stack moves around.
    I have two screens, so for me, it would be enough to move a page to the other screen. The description above is a generalization for a bigger number of screens.

@jkierzkowski This would be cool, but it is a subset of Tab Stack Quick Commands, which has more votes.

The only thing not covered in the linked thread is moving single tabs to other windows.

• @pesala And this thing is the most important to me.

• @jkierzkowski if this is not already requested elsewhere i'd suggest to uncouple it from stack relation to make it fully distinct from the feature mentioned by @Pesala:

• change request topic to Shortcut to move a tab to existing window
    • remove last paragraph of initial post.

I'm not shure if Vivaldi already has a concept of window order (next, previous). If it does it's not reflected in the (standard) UI or assignable bindings (V1.14). This would be a predependency to implement (reverse) cycling trough existing windows.

The next imminent question would be; does the focus follow the moved tab (stack) or stay on the current window?
    Since Vivaldi does not support combining actions (yet?) there would be 4 new operations (and Key/Guesture bindings) to complete this feature (move to next/previous window with/without focus following).

A later step might then be to enable this feature for tab stacks.

• @becm I renamed the topic. I don't think I should remove the last paragraph.

I don't want this concept to be swallowed by tab-stacks.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.