To hide or remove bookmark search field in the bookmarks bar

• Hi,

As i have a lot of bookmarks and folders of bookmarks, i would love to hide the search field on the top of my bookmarks bar and also to remove the add/delete folder icon below the bookmark search field.
    It takes about 10% height of the available vertical space and i would prefer to see bookmarks instead of it.

I've looked everywhere but i was unable to find any solutions.

Thanks to all and have a good day.

Cheers,
    Eric.

• @flyeric777 If you enlarge the panel sideways, at least the toolbar and search field will be on the same line.

See the Modding Forum for help on hiding elements.

• Thank you Pesala.

I've seen it before but i did't do it.

Now it's done!

Cheers.

• If you really wanna get rid of it -- .panel.panel-bookmarks .toolbar.icons {display: none} will do the trick.

But there is a far better solution:

.panel.panel-bookmarks header:hover > .toolbar.icons {
    	display: flex;
    }

.panel.panel-bookmarks .toolbar.icons {
    	display: none;
    }

This will display the search and toolbar icons only if you have your cursor over the header.

edit: This can be done for all panels. I actually like it, not a bad idea OP.

.panel.panel-bookmarks header:hover > .toolbar.icons,
    #downloads.panel header:hover > .toolbar.icons,
    #notes-panel.panel header:hover > .toolbar.icons,
    #history-panel.panel header:hover > .toolbar.icons {
    	display: flex;
    }

.panel.panel-bookmarks .toolbar.icons, #downloads.panel .toolbar.icons,
    #notes-panel.panel .toolbar.icons, #history-panel.panel .toolbar.icons {
    	display: none;
    }

• @luetage Thanks. That works, but read the Modding Thread to see where to put it.

• @Pesala Nowadays we don't edit common.css anymore, instead we create a custom.css file, as described here ---> https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/10549/modding-vivaldi
    And yes, the file has to be replaced on update.

• Thank you very much @luetage, it is perfect!

• No problem, thank you for the idea. I have flagged this post to be moved to the modifcations forum board by the way, but apparently the mods are busy fighting the chinese onslaught.

• @luetage Noticed!
    Thanks and also i saw a lot of posts in chinese hihihi !

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.