Feature requests for 1.8 / 1.9

• I asked for it to version 1.7, & ask again, Please, remove in the history of the address bar search results. Could be seen only links. Please ­čÖĆ­čĆ╝
    0_1486653525639_Screenshot_20170209_205228.png

• alt text

alt text

• Download panel - [edited]
    Queque for downloading (start/pause/reorder/stop/delete in each "download row") or in right click popup menu - not like now as a common buttons (without even baloon tooltip)

Move download panel to tab or to external window (requested on previous page).

Set number of simultaneous download (ex. 1 at a time, and another after this one is finished)
    Show download speed in panel, not somwhere else ...
    Notification for completed download
    Prevent browser from closing while download is active - i know it has been requested (probably even for previous release) but still nothing has been done.

• Side panels
    Bug with notification on panel icon - ex. show unreaded mails if got gmail in panel but number is still as a overlay on the panel icon even if I read those mails. Need to restart browser reported

Allow restyle pages in panels (currently unable) with css injectors like Stylish, stylerrr etc.
    Allow mobile view for Inbox by gmail in panels (currently it doesn't work - need to set panel to 50% of the screen width to work) - restyling also should work here

• Tabs
    multicollumn (when tabs are aside) nad multirow view (where tabs are on the top)
    If i got 30+ tabs in one row (top/bottom) all of them are "minimalized" to favicon (or smaller) - there should be minimal tab width setting and the rest of tabs that doesn;t fit on screen should be in another row or in additional dropdown list
    the same was requested by Anamon in previous page

If I put tabs aside (left/right) i would love enlarging icons and removing titles or even something like bubbles in opera neon (large bubble with page thumbnail inside) but in multicollumn view.
    Additional option to have tabs aside in "tree style" view
    auto-stacking related tabs if opened in the background within domain (so I do not have to manually group first two tabs then open next)
    enlarge bar for stacked tabs
    allow to move "new tab + button" to top/bottom/left/right of tab bar (tab area) - currently is only at the end of tabs

• Revamp mouse settings
    more commands to set gesture to
    add possibility to freely rebind click/ double click/ rightclick/ middleclick / scroll on different parts of UI without external programs (like XMouseButtonControl or clavier/autohotkey) - examples:

• if i double click any tab - it clones in background,
    • if i tilt in page area it get backward/forward instead of panning wide page left/right
    • if i middleclick any tab it get bookmarked in "default" folder

wheel scroll over empty space on tab bar doesn't cycle through tabs in top/bottom setting - works only when tabs are set aside "in panel" (left/right)

@BriHecato said in Feature requests for 1.8 / 1.9:

Show download speed

It's available, but only on the vivaldi://downloads page.

Notification for completed download

It's already implemented. See vivaldi://settings/downloads/.

Prevent browser from closing while download is active

It's the third request for such function in this thread. Please read before posting. And please post one request per one post!

• Extensions
    allow to use extension from google - like google keep (neither app neither extension works)

• Option to set external source viewer/editor (likenotepad++)

• @RayAlpha If page doesn't allow You to "go back" (back icon is inactive) how do You want to back by 4th button ?

Bug with notification on panel icon - ex. show unreaded mails if got gmail in panel but number is still as a overlay on the panel icon even if I read those mails. Need to restart browser

If it's a bug and it's reproducible, then report it here.

Allow restyle pages in panels (currently unable) with css injectors like Stylish, stylerrr etc.

I think that's been already requested here.

Allow mobile view for Inbox by gmail in panels (currently it doesn't work - need to set panel to 50% of the screen width to work) - restyling also should work here

If the "Show Mobile version" from the context menu on a web panel doesn't change the page layout to mobile version while resizing it does change the layout, then it's the website's design thing and Vivaldi will not be able to do anything about it. You'd probably need to ask the website's developers instead.

• @BriHecato
    All extensions from Google like Google Keep depended to "Google Sync". May be that's what you want to really request.

• The option for an Auto-hiding bookmark bar.

There is a hack to do this via custom CSS, but it triggers anytime your mouse gets above the page that you're on.

This feature should have some flexibility, such as whether it triggers when the mouse is over the address bar but not when it's over the navigation buttons, or vice-versa. Also, perhaps some timings (how quickly the bar displays, and how long you have to hover for it to appear).

• @pafflick
    Alright - i've edited my post. But sorry - theres gear icon that lead to main settings and I'm not interested in any "other options" hidden somwhere else - so clean this up for the next release. Also separate window with downloads? ...

@pafflick said:
    And please post one request per one post!

And you will reply me "stop spaming" like You did previously to some users ­čśë

And you will reply me "stop spaming" like You did previously to some users

Just read the first post by @gaelle in this thread very carefully and after that, you might want to look for the post where I said anything about anyone spamming, as I don't remember anything like that.

Allow stacking pinned tabs / pin tab stacks

• @pafflick
    for me, the closed tabs reappear at the exact postion they had before closing ­čśĽ (I would love the option, to turn this behaviour off ­čśâ )

Allow moving pinned tabs across the tab bar (and placing them after other tabs)

Allow changing the order of tabs within tab stacks

Currently, it's possible only by removing & adding them back to the tab stacks in the desired order.

@derDay Just use a keyboard shortcut ([CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[T] or [CTRL]+[Z] by default on Windows) and they will always open at the end of the tabs list. They seem to revert to their last position when reopened through the trash icon, although I was unaware of that until now since I find this method less convenient and thus I almost never use it. ­čśâ

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.