Tile Tab Stack always reloads since 3.8 on Ubuntu
My primary reason for using Vivaldi has been the excellent tab stack tiling. I can display 16-20 tiles in a single tab, allowing monitoring of certain services.
However, since the release of 3.8, all these tiled tabs continuously reload, making them effectively unusable. Why?
Alas, no response, I guess no one knows or understands the issue. Time to just move to Brave.
Pesala - Ambassador - last edited by
@jemxpat2 More likely is that no one can reproduce the issue with the information you have provided. Also, there are not that many Ubuntu users compared to Windows users. These are basic info that you need to provide:
- OS version
- Vivaldi version
- Domain and/or URL of tabs that you have stacked
- Any extensions installed
- Did you enable Periodic reload?
Ubuntu 21.04 Desktop
Vivaldi 3.8.2259.42 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
I have about 18 top level tabs, 10 of them have sub-tabs which are all tiled tab stacks.
The only installed extension is LastPass.
Periodic reload is turned off.
en and en-US are the only languages.
First tab which makes reload trouble has 4 tiles, google news, ap new, bbc news, and koreatimes.
Same trouble happens with Facebook/LinkedIn two tile tab stack.
I had all the same tabs working without trouble on previous versions of Vivaldi. Problems started about the time of the 3.8 upgrade, which, alas, also happened about the same time as the move from Ubuntu 20.10 to 21.04.
Hi, experiencing the same problem on tiled tabs after upgrading to Vivaldi v3.8. Running on Ubuntu 18.04. Problem seems to be on tiled tabs only which keeps on reloading (or not loading at all because of the continuous reload). No issue on non-tiled tabs.
I mostly use just 2 tabs tiled side by side. Doesn’t matter which url is tabbed as I got a variety of them all having the same problem. Even when the tiled tabs aren’t in focus, I can see the tiled tabs’ titles changing/reloading around 5x.
Just an update, I rolled back to v3.7 and it was still having the issue even though it was fine before. Played around with the settings and tried to enable lazy loading since I remember disabling it way back. So far so good...not encountering the problem anymore.
I’ll try to update to v3.8 again soon with lazy loading enabled and hopefully the problem won’t return anymore.
PietroPizzi last edited by
OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2486
Vivaldi: 5.6.2867.58 (Stable channel) (64-Bit)
URLs: Tested with many Domains and many tile variants eg. "https://steamdb.info/app/752590/" and "https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-a-plague-tale-innocence-cd-key-compare-prices/"
Extensions: Normally I have many extensions but for testing I disabled all and restarted Vivaldi.
Periodic reload: I don't have it enabled on purpose and to make sure I used the command "Disable Periodic Timers".
To activate or deactivate lazy loading, like liangco suggests, makes no difference.