Alt+backtick not working as task switcher (possible bug)

• Test case:

1. Use US keyboard layout and a desktop environment/window manager that uses both Alt+tab and Alt+backtick to cycle tasks (such as GNOME, Budgie, Unity, OSX, or Windows with wincycle).
    2. Open two or more windows in Vivaldi and open at least one other windowed application/program.
    3. From one of the Vivaldi windows, press Alt+backtick (not grave deadkey). Do not release.
    4. Holding the Alt key, repeatedly press the backtick as desired. Release all keys.
    5. Press Alt+tab. Do not release.
    6. Holding the Alt key, repeatedly press tab as desired. Release all keys.

Expected behaviour:
    Pressing Alt+backtick should cycle between all open Vivaldi windows and only among Vivaldi windows.
    Pressing Alt+tab should cycle between open applications/programs/tasks.

Observed behaviour:
    Pressing Alt+backtick in Vivaldi does nothing until Alt is released, whereupon the main menu opens.
    Pressing Alt+tab works as expected.

Suspicion:
    Vivaldi either steals focus or fails to pass on to the DE/WM any "Alt+" hotkeys which it does not recognise (e.g., Alt+backtick).

Comments and observations:
    This may be related to the problem underlying issues with Alt+shift and Ctl+Alt+arrows. The proposed solution to the Alt+shift problem, namely disabling "Alt Key for Main Menu", is a kludge and does not work here anyway--the menu may not appear but the hotkey is still not passed on to the DE/WM for task switching.

Possibly relevant threads (in the absence of a proper bug tracker):
    Alt menu cannot be disabled

Typing after Alt+Shift opens menu
    remove ALT shortcut

How to disable hotkey ALT, which leads to open menu of the browser

BUG: Setting ALT+F4 or SHIFT+ALT+F4 as a hotkey works but it still acts as exit...

Specifics:
    Vivaldi 3.0.1874.38 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Linux (Solus 4.1 Fortitude)

@Gossar may be a regression, i could not find a bug report yet.

Thank you for reaching and sorry for the trouble.

May be this issue is a bug.

Please read

carefully and report the bug to Vivaldi bugtracker.

Again thank you for using Vivaldi.

• Bug has been reported and was assigned the number: VB-68418.

• @Gossar I'm also on solus plasma (which is just awesome). I'm using the vivaldi-snapshot (can you test with this as well?) package instead of the standard vivaldi one, and plasma's alt+backtick works well. i also have mate and budgie installed so I can check in on their progress. just booted into both and they work perfectly as well. cannot reproduce

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.