Vivaldi M3 - mail client, when?

• when will the integrated mail client be available for testing? i am waiting since vivaldi came out and still no sign..

The won't say. Period. You will know about the release date ON the release date, the same as every other feature. They accidentally released a very early version of it about 3 months ago to some users. I still have that install file on my hard drive. It was a working version, but clearly not ready for prime time. However, it was functional enough that I can say with some certainty that when they promise a mail client they are not just blowing smoke.

• I still have that install file on my hard drive
    Really? Can you share it? If so, please mail it to [email protected].

• number one reason for me to still use opera 12, but its getting annoying with lots of pages have major flaws.
    when the mailpart is out i am switching instantly, not earlier..

man, when will this be ready? :dry:

• I've never understood why it's so importand to so many user to have an e-mail client integrated into their browser.

It's a matter of efficiency and work flow. You are not required to understand it. Even were I to explain my work flow to you, you would still have to watch me for a day to understand why built in email makes a measurable difference.

• @J.M.Mierscheid:

I've never understood why it's so importand to so many user to have an e-mail client integrated into their browser.

and you really dont have to.

• There will be a mail client. Behind the Dev's scene it is tested and refined. But it is not already completed and this is the reason why a M3 does not appear in a Snapshot or TP .

• There's still some work to do, I've heard people talking about it. ( People who know what they were talking about ;) )
    In my opinion it won't be released before the next year.
    I'd say around 2016 Feb, but no one knows

They can't release broken stuff, especially something important as an email client.
    1st reason is that having a non-functional email client is a bad image for Vivaldi
    2nd there are people who wouldn't use it for testing cause they're not into IT and they don't understand this is an alpha software, and so they'll complain "oh this sucks, I lost all of my emails"

Just wait, trust the true Opera 12 devs

• @J.M.Mierscheid:

I've never understood why it's so importand to so many user to have an e-mail client integrated into their browser.

I've never understood it either :)

• @schreck:

and you really dont have to.

Was interessiert mich deine Meinung?

• Although I, too, will be very happy when the mail client finally arrives it is probably a mercy of the dev team to wait this long.

Updating the Snapshot on an almost weekly basis would probably get a lot more complicated with an integrated mail client :P

PS: I don't understand why so many people are not using a mail client at all but prefer logging into their web mail all the time :) And don't blame the users for going "when when when", blame the Vivaldi team for announcing the mail client on the very release day of TP1 ;)

• @Topha:

Although I, too, will be very happy when the mail client finally arrives it is probably a mercy of the dev team to wait this long.

Updating the Snapshot on an almost weekly basis would probably get a lot more complicated with an integrated mail client :P

PS: I don't understand why so many people are not using a mail client at all but prefer logging into their web mail all the time :) And don't blame the users for going "when when when", blame the Vivaldi team for announcing the mail client on the very release day of TP1 ;)

Well my brother uses the webmail, same for my mother and it's basically because they don't work in IT, plus an email client is not always that easy to set up. Sometimes you need the Pop3/Imap and smtp server parameters.
    I also use the webmail when I'm home, but I really need an email client on the pc where I work cause I have to deal with more than an email account
    It's about how many email accounts you have and how you use your pc

They also announced the Sync, no one is asking about the Sync that much.
    The Vivaldi team just said there will be an integrated Email client,
    How would you blame them for saying so?

• @GinoPerla:

Well, theres a mail panel sice the beginning wich says "Comig soon" wich may lead some people to think that a mail client is coming soon….. ;)

• @zhnujm:

@GinoPerla:

Well, theres a mail panel sice the beginning wich says "Comig soon" wich may lead some people to think that a mail client is coming soon….. ;)

They didn't lie about that.
    The browser started like 9 months ago or so I guess.
    So if it's gonna take an entire year or even a little more, it's really a short time considering they're also working on the other features.
    It's coming soon is very appropriate

• I dont think its about lying or something its just what most people expect about "soon",
    Maybe a "Coming later" would reduce the expectations a bit.
    Simple change. :)

• @zhnujm:

I dont think its about lying or something its just what most people expect about "soon",
    Maybe a "Coming later" would reduce the expectations a bit.
    Simple change. :)

Later could be in 2 years, 3 years, 4 years…
    They wanted to tell us they're working on it and it will be released soon.
    Coming soon is very appropriate since it will be probably released in the beta, and the beta is not that far

I disagree that it will be released in the Beta. A new feature of such magnitude would not make its first appearance in a Beta, but rather in a developer Snapshot so that it can get some broad public testing prior to Beta release. This means it will be released BEFORE the Beta, in at least a couple of Snapshots, or will be released after some public testing and debugging, in the second Beta.

• im in for testing the mail client if in need.

Me, too. I'd even love to test it if it's a technical disaster at this point.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.