Image viewer enhancements

• It would be good to have the following features implemented in the build in image viewer (the one you see an image is opened in the browser):

• Zoom in/out gradually with mouse wheel. It would conflict with scrolling, but the zoom operation could be handled with RMB + wheel and/or with a modifier key.
    • Rotate the image gradually with the mouse wheel. Again, using LMB and/or a modifier key.
    • Drag the image with LMB.

Alternatively, a small toolbar should be accessible to switch between the scroll, zoom and rotation functionality of the mouse wheel.

@Nekomajin Drag with LMB would be useful.

• Zoom + Scrollwheel already zooms the image by zooming the page. What benefit do you see from zooming the image without changing the page zoom?
    • Rotate Image has already been requested (90º steps only)
    • MMB is good for scrolling and panning very large images
    • Shift + Scrollwheel is good for panning not so large images.

• @Pesala
    Let's say I open an image from an arbitrary webpage. The image is small, so I want to zoom it to, for example 200%. Then I close the image, and the page stays at 200%, which I obviously don't want.

I don't want to use the click functionality of the MMB, because it's a pain in the ass in the way I grab the mouse.

@Nekomajin I see, that could be an issue to reset the zoom, unless you check Settings, Webpages, Use Tab Zoom.

• There are already an extension that do what you want plus more, it's so good that I doubt Vivaldi will able to match it's prowess:
    https://deathamns.github.io/Viewhance/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/viewhance/impppjchnpfgknmbaaghfeopcgfoilac

Native functions are better than extension if implemented properly, but I began to notice a lot of extensions can do much better than native function offer by browser maker. I'm not against this request, it just I doubt Vivaldi will go the full length to match Viewhance's feature by feature. And very rarely I see Vivaldi integrate functions from popular extensions into the browser, like what Firefox did.

• @dude99
    I am using this extension, but I don't need all of it's features. Plus I prefer native features when available.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.