Tabs bar disappears

• Re: Empty tabs bar (all tabs disappearing)

Hi!

I found (probably) the same bug in my 1.15.1147.47 (Stable channel) (32-Bit) installation on Windows 7.

Reproducible with the following steps:

• Vivaldi window maximized
    • Have a tab stack
    • Open a link from within this tab stack by using "Right click > Open in new tab" or simply by using the mouse-wheel click
    • Close the recently opened tab

Result: Tabs bar disappears

My way to restore the tabs bar: Change window size by using the "undo maximize" button (don't know the correct name... the button between minimize and close in the window buttons in the top right corner 🙂 )

This also happens when I deactivate all extensions.

Thank you for all the work on Vivaldi, I love it! 🙂

• @ulm same for me empty tabs bar. My workaround is to go in the settings panel and by unticking and ticking again the show tabbar option.

• @ulm Unable to reproduce here. I tried disabling Settings, Tabs, Tab Features, Tab Stacking, Open Tabs in Current Stack, but still cannot reproduce it.

A shortcut can be assigned to Toggle the Tab Bar in Settings, Keyboard, View, Tab Bar, to speed up the workaround.

Are you using Native Windows in Settings, Appearance?

• Same issue is happening to me intermittently on 2.3.1440.48 (Stable channel) (64-Bit).
    I already tried between native window setting on and off but it happens with both settings.

Case:

• Vivaldi open
    • have several tab stacks
    • open a link from within a stack with middle click
    • jumping into and using the tab
    • closing this tab from the tab stack
      -> all tabs disappear/turn invisible

if i then STRG+T to open an empty new tab all other tabs become visible again.

Addons used:

• The Camelizer
    • HTTPS Everywhere
    • Lastpass
    • Magic Actions for Youtube
    • Proxy SwitchyOmega
    • Session Buddy
    • The Great Suspender
    • uBlock Origin

@Tetsuo Session Buddy and The Great Suspender may be messing with the tab bar.

• I am also experiencing this issue. Session Buddy and The Great Suspender are not the cause as I do NOT have these extensions.

• Same here on 2.3.1440.48 (Stable channel) Only addon I use is AdBlock.

• Also seeing this issue on latest release in Linux, no addons. It's obnoxious enough that I've disabled tab stacks and come back a few times.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.