How do you clear the Vivaldi Cache?

• Re: Clear a cache

I have looked in settings and the history tab. What am I missing?

[modedit] shortened title and moved into post.
    Please do not use long titles and try to explain in the post what is wrong for you.

• @shellyb You can do it from the Tools Menu, Clear Private Data, or assign a shortcut to it. Ctrl+Shift+Delete is the default shortcut.

The dialogue will remember your last used settings for period, and for which items to clear.

0_1522878568744_Clear Private Data.png

• @pesala Thank you so much!

For anyone else who is as lost as I was you can find the Tools Menu under the little "V" in the upper left corner of your screen.

• @shellyb
    Or in a new tab when you click on the history button than there is a brush like button in the upper right corner - in case you use the history page more often

• Or you can press F2 and type "Clear Private Data" and select the right option there.

• Or you can use the extension Clear Cache which gives you a nifty icon to click to quickly clear the cache.

• .... OR ... write a simple DOS batch file (using commands in Command Prompt) to delete the cache folder.
    I have a comprehensive BAK.BAT batch file to do daily back-ups, the first part of which deletes all the useless space-consuming files of my choice.

Have a look at the 'DEL' options within the Windows Command Prompt.

This assumes you are comfortable creating batch files, of course. 🙂
    If not, I'm prepared to help a little.

Hope this helps.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.