Amazon Prime Video Player no longer works

• I've been using Vivaldi under Windows 10 x64 to watch movies/tv shows on Amazon Prime. I can't anymore, using the latest version of Vivaldi (1.14.1077.50). Nothing will stream, I tried several different shows/movies and they all display a popup error window pointing you to a web page to "resolve issues with Chrome Web Player".

"Video Unavailable
    We're experiencing a problem playing this video. For assistance, please go to"

If I press the close player button they replace the green continue/watch buttons with a orange "watch with prime. Start your 30 day trial" button plus some grey buttons to rent the show despite the "Hello, Eric" text in the upper right corner showing that I'm still logged in.

I called Amazon customer service and they were no help, they wouldn't even try to give me any information about what their player expects. They did mention that the player is updated every month. However, I had successfully used Vivaldi to stream videos on Amazon Prime about a week ago.

I have no problems with Netflix, YouTube or streaming video on using Vivaldi. Only with Amazon Prime. I have no problem streaming Amazon Prime videos using Google Chrome, so its not an account specific problem.

• I have had to give up on Amazon Prime video with Vivaldi unfortunately. Many things suggested in an earlier thread failed to get a result.

Please check if you have the current Widevine DRM codec:
    Open vivaldi://components
    You should see
    Widevine Content Decryption Module - Version:

If a update of CRM codec does not help, report the bug to Vivaldi.
    Please read before reporting bugs.

• @gwen-dragon said in Amazon Prime Video Player no longer works:

It mentions "Widevine Content Decryption Module - Version:" and claims that is the latest version when I tried to update it. Google Chrome reports its using "Widevine Content Decryption Module - Version:"

I submitted a bug report.

• The bug report is VB-38037 .

I tried uninstalling 1.14 and installing 1.15.1104.3 (Official Build) (64-bit) . Same problem. vivaldi://components says Widevine Content Decryption Module - Version:
    Status - New . I told it to update and now it says Widevine Content Decryption Module - Version: Status - Component updated. Now Prime Video is working again!

Hopefully it will stay working. I had mentioned in the bug report that it had started working again once for a couple of hours, and then broke again for good.

• Widevine is installed and up to date. Unfortunately still no luck running Prime even with the latest snapshot. Curiously trailers will run but the video itself will not.

@emoore said in Amazon Prime Video Player no longer works:

The bug report is VB-38037 .

Your bug is closed as duplicate.
    For later ask about VB-24319 "[Windows] Can not stream Videos From amazon prime (AAC Parametric Stereo)"
    Work for fix is in progress.

• @emoore

as I faced similar problems with videos, I wonder if you are able to play prime videos again when you change your browser user-agent to something like:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.186 Safari/537.36

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.