User Agent Spoofing

There are some sites that only work well if the user agent is changed. Although this can be done using the Developer Tools, this is way too inaccessible for ordinary users.

Add a popup field on the Status Bar to select the user agent as in Opera 12.18's "Identify as" field.

0_1519039067459_Identify As.png

• Yes, and there are sites that don't work at all without spoofing, such as
    Built-in functionality is always going to be preferable to using an extension like User-Agent Switcher.

@marcd7 Contact such sites and tell them (politely) to support the top rated browser

I viewed the site in Firefox and suggested that they should support both Opera 51 and Vivaldi. I got a reply — they will pass on my feedback to the development team.

• @pesala In my email signature for the past 10 years I have had:

Why Open the Web?

Despite the connecting purpose of the Web, it is not entirely open to all of its users.
    When used correctly, HTML documents can be displayed across platforms and devices.
    However, many devices are excluded access to Web content.

I also try to contact the site via their fill out a support request page, email or Twitter if they have an account that replies. It is true having the UA spoofing hidden in developer tools is not good for the average user. Opera (Presto) had it in the edit site preferences, Safari has it in the Develop Menu (the menu is enabled in the Advanced tab of Safari preferences).

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.