Export/Import for User Settings

• I miss an option for Vivaldi should have an option to export/import usersettings not only for bookmarks.
    This makes it quick and easy to use th same config on different machines.

• @redqueen Actually there is a Sync called feature in the experimental status since 1.14 which does what you want. You can access it via vivaldi://experiments But please be aware that experimental means exactly that! Make some copies every now and then of your default folder which contains your bookmarks and other settings stuff just in case there'll be an error which might erase your data.
    Or you'll wait until sync is out of experimental and in a stable condition

Setting are not all included in Sync yet, and even when they are and fully working, we will still need Import/Export, e.g. for making a backup before syncing.

Not to mention that sync only works when you have an Internet connection.

• @pesala said in Export/Import for usersettings:

Setting are not all included in Sync yet, and even when they are and fully working, we will still need Import/Export, e.g. for making a backup before syncing.

Yep - I forgot to mention that

Not to mention that sync only works when you have an Internet connection.

A browser without internet connection on the other hand has a very restricted field of usability though anyway?! ^^

EDIT:
    @LonM Damn - that is indeed a good point...

• @zaibon there is plenty of use for a browser without an internet connection. Local development and api documentation, Vivaldi's notes, service worker PWAs (eventually...), mail stored locally?

• Now I'm changing my computer, but I won't have both at one time so export settings would be very useful.

Btw. why is in File menu "Import Bookmarks and Settings..." if I can't use it? :-)

@potmeklecbohdan You can import from another installation of Vivaldi, e.g. to Vivaldi Final from Vivaldi Snapshot, or vice versa.

It might be very useful if, for example, you make a lot of changes to settings while testing Vivaldi 1.16, then install Vivaldi 1.16 whenever it is released. A standalone install keeps its settings in the installation folder, while a regular install keeps settings in AppData.

You can copy your entire profile folder, see Help, About to find that.

• @potmeklecbohdan said in Export/Import for User Settings:

Now I'm changing my computer, but I won't have both at one time so export settings would be very useful.

Btw. why is in File menu "Import Bookmarks and Settings..." if I can't use it? :-)

You can also use this and read this guide.

Windows 10 (x64) | Creators Update
    Vivaldi Stable · Snapshot

Vivaldi Reset and Back up

• @pesala @Zalex108 OK I found something in [vivaldi folder]\user data\default\local app settings. Is it folder with settings (if you have looked for it and know where it is)?

• I would like to use a selection base export/import function, with a list to include/exclude all item for exporting. This will make profile refresh a lot more easy.

Extension list should be transferable, so that we can redownload extension on fresh install with just the list, no need to manually hunt down all the extension from chrome store.

• @potmeklecbohdan

F1 o follow signature's link.

Windows 10 (x64) | Creators Update
    Vivaldi Stable · Snapshot

Vivaldi Reset and Back up

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.