Address Bar Search: Remove "Search Google"

• Please remove the "search Google" from under the address bar and go directly to suggestions when typing into the address bar.

This text is useless since already typed in the address bar and it systematically adds an additional down keystroke each time you want to get to the search suggestions ...

Also, often you use the suggestion as an "autocomplete" and continue typing to get to the final search suggestion you want, so again, unnecessary keystrokes.

Thanks

0_1517456841810_2018-01-31 22_17_14-Start Page.png

Have you tried using a different default search engine like DuckDuckGo?

• @pesala I dont think the issue is with using other SEs, ddg works fine with the nick 'd'; the issue is:

Even I find it very annoying to go down two clicks and I think the first match is unnecessary for most of us; maybe some need it, but for the majority of us who love the search-from-bookmarks-and-history feature this is pointless.

I doubt very many users use this middle click thingy but they could be given an option for this ?

@rojaviv Other search engines do not show the suggestions. Middle-click does nothing.

0_1520488326521_Search Suggestions.png

• @phil056 Your title could be misleading to some. This issue affects any SE, not only google.
    So if you default is DDG, it will say 'Search DDG' instead.
    Instead it can be "Search 'Any Search Engine'" to get more attention ?

• As option could be ok.
    If one has a lot of search engines with similar keywords could be useful to see that "search with".
    Best title would be "option to hide 'search with' in urlbar when suggestions are on" :P

• Isn't this quite redundant (and annoying)?

If I type something and hit "enter" it searches which does the same as "down + enter".

You can disable it with Settings -> Search -> [ ] Search in Addressbar.
    But unfortunately then you cant search in the addressbar... duh

Is there any reason for this field at all?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.