Shortcut for Closing Currently Open Panel

• Right now, if I want to use a keyboard shortcut or mouse gesture to close the currently open panel, my only options are:

• Use the shortcut for that exact panel (and inherent in that, create and maintain shortcuts for each web panel)

• Hide the panel sidebar completely.

There is no generic "close the currently open panel" option that does not also hide the panel bar completely.

• Vivaldi Ambassador

I've found that the easiest way to maintain shortcuts for each web panel is to just assign Ctrl+Alt+1 to the first web panel, Ctrl+Alt+2 to the second, and so on. I only have 3-4 panels so it's easy for me to remember which is which, but I could see this not being tenable with more panels.

The right long-term answer, of course, is for the developers to change the "Panel" keyboard shortcut to "Show/Hide Full Panel", and to add a new keyboard shortcut to "Show/Hide Current Panel".

• +1
    There's a lot of work to do on web panels. I really want to love them but missing features like this makes me consider not to use it at all.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.