Support for MIME Types
Pesala last edited by gaelle
Allow users to define what to do with different file types as in Opera 12.18
What to Do with Epub Files
@pesala One of the things I miss from old Opera and still useful.
MVV_ last edited by
That would be a really useful (re-)addition!
This would be good for podcasts. I could have it auto-open in VLC or some such when I download a .mp3 file. As the current audio controls when an audio file is opened are not very usable.
dude99 last edited by
Also, we need a restoration button to undo mistake.
Or allow user to take a snapshot of the settings for restoration later.
nichigo13 last edited by
developers please, make this happen.
This is request is rather low on our priority list as it requires quite some work and the operating system should be handling it.
Pesala last edited by Pesala
@gaelle I don't understand your comment.
The request is to be able to override what the System does with MIME types, and tell Vivaldi what to do with them, as we can do in Opera 12.18
- Show the download dialogue
- Open with Vivaldi
- Save to disk (choosing folder)
- Save to default download folder without asking
- Open with default application (this is what MIME types should handle)
- Open with a different application. One that is not associated with this file type.
- Open with plugin (e.g. for PDF files that you don't want to open with your default PDF viewer)
Knuthf last edited by
@Pesala In old Unix there was a "file" command. It is based on reading 4K of the file - the "stub" and decode the first byte ":/bin/sh" and not ":/bin/chs" - this is still applied to most files, certainly video.
A file name was in old days just a name and whatever the name was after the period ".txt" was ignored.