How to turn history off permanently?

• Re: How turn history off ?

How do you disable all history, I want to disable it and NEVER have history ever kept again.
    I know google demands you keep some history for to help them track and sell you to advertisers, but the reason I downloaded this browser is to get as far away from google as possible.
    So how does one get RID of history completely??

• If you want to get as far away from google as possible, Vivaldi is a bad choice, since it's a chromium browser. A better alternative is Firefox if this is your concern. But your Vivaldi history isn't being accessed by google, so I don't really see the problem.

• Vivaldi Translator

My suggestion, just open any Chromium browsers always in Private/Incognito mode.
    That's the least you could do.

There's multiple way to clear "Site Data" from outside. But most too hackish & I gave up in the end. Too tiresome to maintain.

• @luetage
    Its google using its analytics to track you which is the problem.
    Not having a way to automatically delete all cookies on closing the browser.

Just because your willing to sell your privacy for convenience does not mean everyone else is.

I'd rather have to type a little text in every time, than allow something like google/apple/microsoft/north korea/china etc to monitor/control their populations.

If you don't support privacy, your assisting and aiding repressive governments in their silencing of their peoples voices and their imprisonment of their people.

• alt text

• @squirrlmcduckles said in How to turn history off permanently?:

Its google using its analytics to track you which is the problem.
    Not having a way to automatically delete all cookies on closing the browser.

I've been using ChromeStore's Click&Clean in Vivaldi for some time to manually delete cookies, history, cache, etc. periodically. During a session, when the extension's icon finally displays 99 viewed pages, I habitually take a moment to purge the cookies, etc... it quickly becomes a browsing habit, and it acts to break the tracking chains even during a long browsing session.

• Vivaldi Translator

Good luck.
    Won't be short war.

• In the end all your browsing data is stored by your ISP -- what are you gonna do about that?

If you wanna go full paranoia mode use Tor on Tails, but even this might not be enough.

@squirrlmcduckles said in How to turn history off permanently?:

If you don't support privacy, your assisting and aiding repressive governments in their silencing of their peoples voices and their imprisonment of their people.

Please calm down.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.