How do I update Vivaldi ?

• I have Vivaldi for Linux, version, 1.5.658.44 (Stable channel) (64-bit).
    I don't see any way to install updates; is it done automatically with this
    version ?

• You are using the latest version. There haven't been any updates to the stable channel since the 1.5 release.

• Well, that's good to know, but it doesn't answer the question of how do you update Vivaldi when there is an update available.
    I don't see any place on the browser to check for new updates; could it
    be that it is now done automatically ?

• If your initial installation of V went correctly, your distro's repos as used by sudo apt-get update / Update Manager / whatever is the equivalent in your distro, would/should have had the V repos added. For instance, in my Maui2:
    0_1480292494227_V repos_20161128_111846.png
    ..................................................................................................................
    Tower's SSD OS = Linux Mint x64 17.3 KDE 4.14.2. [< 26/9/16]; Maui 2 "Blue Tang" x64 Plasma 5.8.3.

• Thank you for the reply, but I have no idea what that means.
    I am using Linux Mint 18.0 Xfce, and when I bring up software sources,
    it just shows Vivaldi as an additional repository. There is no display as in
    your reply.

Again, if Vivaldi updates are not done automatically, how can I check to see if it needs updating ?

• As Steffie pointed out, you have the latest version.

When a new version is available your Update Manager will inform you.

If you prefer the terminal, each time you run sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get upgrade, you'll see whatever newer software is available.

If you've installed vivaldi-stable properly, when you run
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vivaldi.list,
    you should see:
    deb http://repo.vivaldi.com/stable/deb/ stable main

Monitoring this forum is a very good way, as well!

• Further to the other help offered you since i posted, here's Mint 18 Xfce's Update Manager & Software Sources, showing you that V is indeed in the sources, & accordingly Update Manager has detected that my Tower's VM [which i'd not launched for quite a long time] is not up to date, but will be so once i accept these changes. This should be also how yours behaves. Mint 18 Xfce is my Lappy's OS, & it behaves exactly as i've described, & as my Tower's VM is doing now per this pic.
    0_1480301223599_V update xfce_20161128_134158.png
    ..............................................................................................................................................
    Tower's SSD OS = Linux Mint x64 17.3 KDE 4.14.2. [< 26/9/16]; Maui 2 "Blue Tang" x64 Plasma 5.8.3.
    Lappy's SSD OS = Linux Mint x64 17.3 KDE 4.14.2. [< 18/9/16]; Mint 18 “Sarah” x64 Xfce+Compiz.

• Thanks, I get it now. I didn't know it would be listed in the mint updates
    when a new update becomes available.

Again, thank you very much.

• @jim217 -- Cool, you're welcome, glad it helped.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.