src="https://update.vivaldi.com/stats/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1&bots=1" style="border:0;" alt=""

Speed dial - homepage - tiles

1. How can I set speed dial as homepage, like when I press the "House/home" button in the browser I want to get back to speed dial.

2. How to get speed dial tiles with only the name of the internet page, and not a copy of the internet page?

@jarmush said in Speed dial - homepage - tiles:

1. How can I set speed dial as homepage, like when I press the "House/home" button in the browser I want to get back to speed dial.

2. How to get speed dial tiles with only the name of the internet page, and not a copy of the internet page?

1. Enter the address vivaldi://startpage in the homepage address box.

2. There's no official way to do this at this time. There's a hack some user has offered for "customising your speed dial thumbs" that you could use to designate a monochrome/monotone logo for each new speed dial after you add it, but I don't follow user hacks.

• @jarmush

1. Is only possible if you modify images. You can use Vivaldi Hooks for this, or do it yourself by customising your speed dial thumbs.

• Thanks for respond.

About speed dials tiles with only the name of the internet page. Is this something that will come in later versions of Vivaldi?

@jarmush - It may. Speed dial will be better refined and additional functionality will be added to it. Just which features will come when, we don't know.

• @Ayespy said:

Speed dial will be better refined and additional functionality will be added to it. Just which features will come when, we don't know.

I regret Opera's decision to jettison the keyboard shortcuts that once existed for Speed Dial, and would love to see Vivaldi add that feature. But it seems the mobile-centric, touch-oriented world we've entered into has consigned that kind of thinking to the dustbin of history.

@vivabrowser - Vivaldi will develop for mobile as well, but more shortcuts, such as for speed dial, will also come.

• @Ayespy yah,, it works. ta very much. pete.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.