Verdana replaced with Segoe UI

• I tried changing the Webpage font for Sans to Verdana, but it changes to Segoe UI [attachment=3929]DefaultFonts.png[/attachment] I want pages to use Verdana, as they were designed. Why is the font replaced with another one? Top is Opera 12.17 (as designed), bottom is Vivaldi. Both are at 150% zoom [attachment=3928]WebpageFonts.png[/attachment] Vivaldi 1.3 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/740/WebpageFonts.png[/img],[img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/740/DefaultFonts.png[/img]

• This works for me Vivaldi 1.3.501.6 (64-bit) on Win 10 Pro (64bit).

[attachment=3930]fonts.PNG[/attachment]

Perhaps something has been messed up when you added your extra fonts?
    Attachments:

• It's definitely an odd bug. I can select any font, except Verdana, without it changing. I tried everything from Source San Pro, through Tahoma, to Woodchuck and Zolano. They all work, but Verdana still changes to Segoe UI.

I don't suppose your Verdana is TTF while the rest are OTF?

• @Ayespy:

I don't suppose your Verdana is TTF while the rest are OTF?

Verdana, and most of the others are TTF. I settled on Tahoma for now, but it is affecting page layout a lot on my long pages.

I tried removing a redundant bold version of Verdana, uninstalling, and reinstalling all but the Regular style (which is a protected system font), but it makes no difference.

I even tried delete all four from C:\Windows\Fonts\ bypassing the protection of my font manager, then reinstalled them but it makes no difference.

A few other fonts like Verajja, and Verajja Serif, also cannot be selected as they revert to Segoe UI.

• Reported as: (VB-19016) Verdana replaced with Segoe UI

I have 551 Active fonts, so no more than average, and unlikely to be related to this issue.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.