Shortcuts: ALT+D and CTRL+B in text area

• Hi Vivaldi, I've been trying to addict vivaldi but some old habits prevents this period. I've searched but not found any topic. In order to use tabs/windows I use shortcuts instead of mouse. In other browsers when I press ALT+D it focuses on address bar. but in Vivaldi, [b]it doesn't work![/b] In text area, when I try to bold text I press CTRL+B than vivaldi opens bookmarks windows! but it shouldn't open... [b]these two options are global options for each browser. You should not break the rules.[/b] That's all now. If I have problems like this, I will write here in forum. THanks.

• It is best to search and read at least a little bit before writing.

Alt D can do whatever you want it to do. F8 is the default in old Opera and Vivaldi.

The faulty Ctrl B behaviour is a known issue. Edit your shortcut for bookmarks to Ctrl Shift B to work around that problem.

• @Pesala:

Alt D can do whatever you want it to do. F8 is the default in old Opera and Vivaldi.

The faulty Ctrl B behaviour is a known issue. Edit your shortcut for bookmarks to Ctrl Shift B to work around that problem.

–-

Yes, custom shortcuts are very helpful, and tweaking that list can eventually eliminate confusion. I use ALT D to open the downloads panel, because CTRL J doesn't really suggest "Downloads" to me. There's another standard shortcut to focus the address bar besides F8: CTRL L will also do it. The shortcuts I've created remind me of their functions: ALT A, ALT B, ALT T toggle the address bar, bookmarks panel and tab bar, respectively. For the bookmarks bar I use ALT UP, simply because that bar is up at the top of the screen, and ALT B is already in use.

I've seldom been able to bold text with CTRL B in any web browser without opening bookmarks in some form or other. In Firefox it opens the bookmarks sidebar; CTRL SHIFT B in FF opens the full bookmarks dialog, whereas Vivaldi's default for that is CTRL B.

• Way-hey! Go to Settings, Keyboard, Page, and you can add Alt-D to "Focus address field".

• @PeterinScotland said in Shortcuts: ALT+D and CTRL+B in text area:

Way-hey! Go to Settings, Keyboard, Page, and you can add Alt-D to "Focus address field".

THANK YOU!! I searched and didn't realize it was under "Page" so annoying not having this one shortcut that I use all the time.

And CTRL L makes perfect sense (urL), but all the other browsers are Alt D as their primary.

• @TG2 The Ctrl F1 shortcut to show the Keyboard cheat sheet is even more useful than F1 Help. I rarely remember to use it, but it will show you the shortcuts that you have assigned, rather than the defaults.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.