[Bug^Fixed/Invalid] Chrome extension 'Linkclump' not working



  • Hi, I found problems with Chrome extension [url=https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/linkclump/lfpjkncokllnfokkgpkobnkbkmelfefj]Linkclump[/url]. It can be installed, also I can select links in rectangle. So shortcuts works fine, also GUI, as I can see number of links it should open. Problem is, it won't open links in new tabs :(. So it's useless. It has no problem in Chromium though. It would be nice, if this can be fixed. Ot at least check this out, to know where exactly is the problem. Thank you in advance. [b]Configuration:[/b] [spoiler] [table] [tr] [td]Vivaldi[/td] [td]1.1.453.45 (Developer Build) (64-bit)[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Linkclump[/td] [td]2.7.3[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]OS[/td] [td]Windows 7 x64[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Chromium (OK)[/td] [td]51.0.2683.0 (64-bit)[/td] [/tr] [/table] [/spoiler] [b]Update:[/b] Has problem activating by Right Mouse Button due to colision with Mouse Gestures functionality. Changed activation to Left Mouse Button made it work.



  • Works for me. Same configuration as yours.
    I prefer Multi Link Opener though.



  • HI,

    I guess then you have some magic setting applied, because it's not working for me :(. On every new release I'm trying if something changed. Also I tried clean standalone install of latest release 1.1.453.47 (Stable channel) (64-bit) with only LinkClump installed, none of the settings changed, but without any success. Also no success in virtual machine. So it's really strange for me, how is it possible, that it works for you on the same configuration. So if clean standalone version works for you, but the same configuration doesn't work for me, it's stil buggy. Or something is different.

    But thank you for extension tip -> Multi Link Opener. It works. Still it's really strange/anoying for me to always confirm opening of selection with additional click. But I guess it's useful for someone who is using orher functions than only open in new tab. Maybe just matter of tase, or getting use to. It would be nice to have default action like LinkClump has.
    So until LinkClump will work for me, I'll stick with this one. Thanks.



  • I had noticed linkclump wasn't working either so I started searching. Sadly, I found no help UNTIL I discovered the fix!
    I hope this works for you as it has worked for me.

    Go into your Vivaldi settings and click on Mouse. You'll want to uncheck any options that use the right mouse button and then your Linkclump should work just like in Chrome. If that doesn't work, you can go into the settings for Linkclump and have it use the middle mouse button instead.


  • Moderator

    If you use right mouse button for Linkclamp you need to disable in Vivaldi Settings -> Mause -> Gestures.
    Then the links open in new tabs.



  • Thank to both of you @Haxxus and @Gwen-Dragon to help make it clear and work ;).

    I used "Right Mouse Button" with "Shift" to activate Linkclump. So after I changed it to Left Mouse Button it worked fine. Also I use Mouse Gestures, so it was not an option for me (Opera oldschool user ;) ).

    But I think, for future usage, it would be nice/good to add option, when to deactivate Mouse Gestures. I mean maybe to add option to deactivate it while used with Alt / Ctrl / Shift etc.. So it would better work with Extensions. But sure it depends on how many users will need to use it custom way.

    Also it's not direct related to to current issue, I should mention, that Linkclump didn't work on Sharepoint sites. While Multi Link Opener did. But it's not about Mouse, but links detection.


  • Moderator

    Interferences with Mouse gestures was always a problem, even in old Opera 12 with a similar extension.

    I think the extension writer should add a hint to the extension, what to do if right mouse button does not work.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.