Speed Dial page as Home page

• Is there a way to make the speed dial page my home page? If not, it would be a great enhancement.

• Welcome to the forum punch!

You can set your homepage to chrome://dummystartpage. That should do the trick. ;)

• Thanks R Jules - I'll give it a try.

• I wonder if Vivaldi team will add a button in settings for newer to set speed dial as homepage more easily??

• Same question here. And this workaround does not work anymore with latest snapshot (1.3.519.25).

@chinook77:

Same question here. And this workaround does not work anymore with latest snapshot (1.3.519.25).

The new address is vivaldi://startpage

• This does however not seem to work with the "Specific Pages" Startup option. I can enter vivaldi://startpage in a browser tab just fine. But when I try to set it as one of multiple specific pages, it doesn't load at startup because Vivaldi seems to revert it back to chrome://startpage.

• @Ayespy This is an old thread, but thanks so much!! Normally when I open a new tab, I'm looking to get to Google... so I set "New Tabs" to open straight to Google.com. But then I realized (afaik) there was no one-click way to get to the Speed Dial page.

As a die-hard Opera 12 fan, I thought I'd never find a new browser that came close, but Vivaldi's really getting there. I hope, sooner than later, that they will start introducing the custom, assignable buttons that Opera had for the navigation bar: just drag and drop. Community-designed themes would also be awesome. Remember how one could even choose different button styles and % sizes for the navigation bar? I spent years tweaking Opera 12.17 EXACTLY how I wanted it. :(

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.