I want to open homepage when I open new tabs. How shoud I do?

• Hello. I am a beginner of using Vivaldi Browser. I have a question about how to open homepage when I create new tabs. I want to open homepage by only creating new tabs, so I introduced a Google Chrome extension the name "New Tab Redirect". But the Vivaldi Browser opens speed dial page at new tabs. I think that the extensions which setting open homepage at new tabs are not able to work in the Vivaldi Browser. I want to open not speed dial but homepage at new tabs. How should I do? Thank you.

• Settings: Startup.

Set it to Start with Specific page - but leave the page URL blank (or enter "about:blank" which does the same thing".
    Then go to Settings:Start Page. Scroll down to the bottom and turn off the setting that says Show Speed Dial titles (Set it to "Never").

Than should do what you want.

Alan

@username_gdsafsa:

Hello. I am a beginner of using Vivaldi Browser.
    I have a question about how to open homepage when I create new tabs.

I want to open homepage by only creating new tabs, so I introduced a Google Chrome extension the name "New Tab Redirect".
    But the Vivaldi Browser opens speed dial page at new tabs.

I think that the extensions which setting open homepage at new tabs are not able to work in the Vivaldi Browser.

I want to open not speed dial but homepage at new tabs. How should I do?

Thank you.

We don't have that option yet.

• Thank you very much. I read your post.

• Thank you very much. I read your post.
    I will check Vivaldi Setting again.

• I have the same issue on my Mac version of Vivaldi, but then with new windows. When I get a new window, it opens with the Speed dial and I have no way to turn that off. I don't want Speed dial, it's one of the features that annoys me on all other browsers. How do I get rid of it and make a new window (or tab) start with my start page?

• There is a clone thread here (with the solution)

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser/10779-my-own-url-with-new-tab

please refer to it to avoid confusion

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.