CTRL+PgUp and CTRL+PgDn not mapped to Previous / Next Tab

• In most tabbed window interfaces it's possible to move forward and backward among the tabs using two different sets of keystrokes: CTRL+TAB or CTRL+PgDn moves forward (right) to the Next Tab CTRL+SHIFT+TAB or CTRL+PgUp moves backward (left) to the Previous Tab Vivaldi supports the CTRL+TAB combinations but not the CTRL+PgUp/PgDn combinations. Would you please add CTRL+PgUp/PgDn as standard keys to navigate tabs? Thanks!

• You can add these mappings in Settings/Keyboard under the Tab section.

However, the Ctrl+ modifier is NOT processed correctly. Using Ctrl+PgUp/Down to switch tabs:
    [ol]

• Scrolls the initial tab 1 page. IOW, the PgUp/Down keypress is sent as if Ctrl were not used.
    • Then switches tabs correctly.
      [/ol]
      Please fix this custom key-mapping bug.

• I am not seeing any bug here. If I assign those shortcuts, all works as expected.

I am using Vivaldi 32-bit 1.0 final on Windows 7 64-bit.

• @Mer589:

You can add these mappings in Settings/Keyboard under the Tab section.

However, the Ctrl+ modifier is NOT processed correctly. Using Ctrl+PgUp/Down to switch tabs:
    [ol]

• Scrolls the initial tab 1 page. IOW, the PgUp/Down keypress is sent as if Ctrl were not used.
    • Then switches tabs correctly.
      [/ol]
      Please fix this custom key-mapping bug.

I submitted a bug report for this last month. VB-14168.

• – Browser version: 1.2.490.39

I have to agree that this issue appears to be a bug (and not a feature.)
    In other browsers ctrl+pgdn and ctrl+pgup allow prev and next tab navigation.

This basic functionality can be replicated in Vivaldi by assigning custom keyboard shortcuts. However upon invoking the shortcut, the pdgn/pgup keystrokes are still interpreted as actual page up/down events. The result is that you move to the prev/next tab, but your page also scrolls up/down. Scrolling the page is obviously not what the user wants.

The usual behavior associated with the pgup/pgdn keys should be bypassed when used with modifiers (e.g. ctrl, alt, …)

Thx,
    Michael

P.S. I suggest loading several tabs (with content that's longer than the height of your screen) and navigate among them to really observe the issue.

• I see the issue now in Snapshot 1.3. It also affects the Settings dialogue when trying to assign the shortcuts, i.e. a page down/up command is sent to the dialogue when defining the shortcut.

• They either fixed it in 1.3.501.6 or I cannot confirm this bug.

• This issue is still present in v1.3.501.6.

Steps to replicate:
    [ol]

• Assign keyboard shortcuts:
      [ul]
      • Next tab: Ctrl+PageDn
    • Previous Tab: Ctrl+PageUp
      [/ul]* Open a first tab (e.g. engadget.com)
    • Open a second tab (e.g. gizmodo.com)
    • Cycle through the tabs using the previously assigned shorcuts (i.e. Ctrl+PageDn and Ctrl+PageUp)
    • Notice that the contents of the web page will have scrolled down when using Ctrl+PageDn.
      [/ol]

• First, I cannot fully confirm - there was one glitch and then it ceased to be working like you describe.
    Second, perhaps it is more about which site you visit (maybe some javascript is hijacking this PageDown event). On websites I visit I never had this problem.

• Still experiencing this bug on 1.3.551.30, Linux.
    Doesn't seem to be JS-related, as it works on every page that I've tried it on, and just now the first ten tabs I had open.
    (On that note, is it possible to blacklist certain sites from using single-key shortcuts on? Trello doesn't appreciate some of them/Google will take them as search box input)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.