Vivaldi Install Path

• Windows 10 Professional 64 bit, I first installed Vivaldi 32 bit using the default install and it was fine until I went to add Vivaldi as a protected application in Webroot Secure Anywhere and it would not start. I uninstalled Vivaldi and reinstalled in C:\Program Files (x86)\Vivaldi and was able to add Vivaldi as a Protected Application in Webroot Secure Anywhere and install the Webroot filtering extension and it all works fine. I am wondering does installing Vivaldi in a non standard directory have any effects on security or browser updating please?

• @Tigers:

I am wondering does installing Vivaldi in a non standard directory have any effects on security or browser updating please?

No, it has no negative effects.
    Ally my installations reside on a HD registered as as P: in Windows 10.

• Thank you for the reply.
    Up until the Vivaldi install no other application I installed had installed the executable in user app data area and I was thinking that maybe there was a security or other issue involved.

• With Vivaldi you have three install modes:

1. All Users : installs to standard of OS as %ProgramFiles%\Vivaldi
    2. Current User : installs default to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi ; you can changes the destination path
    3. Standalone: installs to selected drive and directory

Mode 3 is used if you want to use different Vivaldi versions on your PC or want to use it portable on a USB stick.

• Hi

I was a bit confused as to where Vivaldi stores User data because when I installed the latest version (on Windows 7) I had chosen All users but when I logged into my restricted account I could not find any of the extensions I had installed under my admin login.

In reading your post i finally found where it is stored.

The problem is even though I chose the All users option when installing the program I had not noticed that in changing the destination path to my D drive that the option had changed to Current User and grayed out option.

In other words the All user option is only valid if you install to the default %ProgramFiles%\Vivaldi - in my case C drive

Is this by design as I really don't want to have to manually manipulate the different profiles to keep them in sync nor install it into C drive unless I really have to as I prefer to keep installations on a different drive in case of having to format my C drive.

Is the Standalone installation the answer?

Thank you for your help.

• Thanks again

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.