Search or URL in a new Tab (Alt-Enter)

• Alt-Enter on the adress bar after you type a search term or URL into the adress box does not open the search result or URL in a new tab. It is a widely used keyboard shortcuts in all browsers. I use a lot. I searched the forum without finding. Is it a bug or a request to do?

• I think is a request :huh:

• You mean Shift Enter for opening the result in new tab?

Is a known, currently unfixed bug. VB-9459

I'll investigate if this can be fixed by the devs.

• Thanks for your answers :)
    Where is the vivaldi bug list and is it accessible to all ?
    I really mean Alt+Enter (or Opt+Enter for Mac users). It allows to open a URL or search you've typed into the address bar in a new tab. The current tab remains unchanged with the same url.
    It is really very handy, it avoids open a new tab , then the address or search terms, then Enter. I use a lot, matter of habit, and I guess I am not be alone.
    This keyboard shortcut is present on all other browsers. However, I checked with Opera Presto 12.16, this shortcut does not exist, either ;)

• Ah, ok. But the bug is the same.

No, the buglist is internal.

• F2 is helpfull but I do not see the link with my request !?
    Have you tried Alt+Enter with an other browsers (eg: Edge, IE, Chrome, firefox,ā€¦).

• The 1st post here #45450 or re-explained here #45492 !!!
    To develop the function for Alt-Enter, so useful for those who have the habit of using it.

• Yes, Alt Enter would be nice. Chromium has it.

• I found a feature request as VB-12364 ib internal bugtracker.
    May be the developers will add it in some days/weeks.

• @Gwen-Dragon:

Yes, Alt Enter would be nice. Chromium has it.

Opera 12 uses Shift+Enter so my vote goes for Shift+Enter

• @Gwen-Dragon:

I found a feature request as VB-12364 ib internal bugtracker.
    May be the developers will add it in some days/weeks.

Glad to read, I hope, great :)

I just checked in Opera 12, indeed, Shift+Enter does the trick.
    In "All" other browsers, it is Alt+Enter. For some standardization, my vote goes for this one.
    I personally got used to this one, now ;)
    As the 2 hotkeys are free, it could be both and maybe customizable in Setting/Keyboard.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.