Ability to delete URL autocomplete suggestions
Chrome does this - use SHIFT+DELETE (not backspace) to delete a record that shows up in your auto-complete and stop it from returning. Can we port this over to Vivaldi please?
When you hover over a link in the list, an x icon appears on the right. Use that to delete the entry from the list.
This does not fix the issue, it only allows one to delete History from the autocomplete list, not actually remove erroneous auto correcting.
How to Recreate:
- Type in a broken / erroneous link to a real site (such as "nytimes.com/broken") without quotes
- Let the page load a 404 error
- Now, in a new tab, type a partial URL such as "nyt"
- Confirm the erroneous url continues to autocomplete despite it being literally broken [ http://i.imgur.com/ggtZmPC.png ]
- Confirm that there are no "x"'s, or history objects to remove
- Confirm that Ctrl+Delete does not remove the literally broken autocomplete
- Confirm that you are entirely incapable of removing broken autocompletes and will ALWAYS land on the now broken page anytime you ever attempt to go to nytimes.com nyt nytimes nytimes.com/ or any other url and no matter what you do except for explicitly deleting the un-requested and literally broken suggestion, the broken autocomplete takes over your url and lands you on the wrong page 10 out of 10 times
WORKAROUND: Don't trust the system, re-read every URL, expect it to append broken and useless information to your URL that will break your browsing. Just because you typed it doesn't mean Vivaldi is going there, so expect Vivaldi to break your urls frequently, read carefully, and make sure to hand-delete any broken additions to the url
When I hit ctrl+del on an incomplete url that has an autocorrect attempting to finish it, I expect that autocorrect record to be completely and irreversibly removed so that I will never ever get that autocorrect ever again unless I add it again.
Chrome 50.x correctly interprets the ctrl+del command and removes all reference to the autocorrect suggestion so that it stops appearing
This won't work on "Typed" category. So also +1 for this option.
As of release 1.2.485.14 (Developer Build) (64-bit) we can now delete typed entries with "X':
Added X to delete typed history directly from URL dropdown
It would be nice to have also keyboard shortcut for this function as suggested though.
The keyboard shortcut (already as a feature wish in bugtracker) will come as Vivaldi is a browser for keyboard users, too!