Workaround for lack of sync

• Hi, I am wondering if I could move some Vivaldi's configuration files (preferably only one) between machines I use to copy some settings like: search keywords, default search engine, installed extensions, bookmarks? For some other apps (like Vim) I use git+ssh+symlinks to easily move configs between computers. And I would like to try that with Vivaldi.

Yes, you can copy many of the files from your profile to another. You need to check yourself which files you need.

• If you want to sync the Vivaldi password database, dont forget the Linux user's keyrings from KDE, GNOME etc.!

• It seems that my plan won't work. I've moved Preferences and Bookmarks files to my git (dropbox-like) repo and symlinked those files from ~/.config/vivaldi/Default/. But when some settings are changed, Vivaldi destroys symlinks and puts regular files there. Now I would have to manually sync those files to my repository… :unsure:

• For bookmarks, you could export them as HTML and host that file on DropBox etc.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.