Bug : Panel is gone ?

• Curious problem with my Vivaldi browser, this morning right out of nowhere. My side panel is completely gone. I open the panel tab and I see a big, empty, grey space. Any idea why this is ? Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/62762/Captured’écran2015-11-22à13.12.33.png[/img]

• Can't duplicate that no matter how hard I try, so I couldn't say.

• Thank you for trying. I tried re-installing Vivaldi, even with an older snapshot, still the same thing (?). The quick links panel work, but the bookmarks/mail/downloads content is simply gone.

Someone else has an idea ?

• You can try deleting your old profile to create a new one, maybe some junk configuration was created and broke it.

You can see where your profile is by opening the About page.

• Yup, you should really try to create a new profile.
    With the latest snapshot I get a new blank bookmark every time I open/close the bookmarks panel!
    My profile turned to garbage as well

• TOPIC: Bug : Panel is gone ?
    davidmtl
    I have the same issue also. My question is how do I create a new profile. My bookmark and note files and backup files are still there in the default data. In my case I can see the Bookmarks if I use "tools" "bookmarks" on the menu bar. View "bookmarks panel, Notes Panel or Downloads panel from the view menu does not work. And of course the sidebar is empty. I LOVE this browser and have been using it almost exclusively. I cannot afford to lose anything right now. I have the Bookmark and Note files and their BAK files off to the side for now..
    Any advise would be most appreciated and Thanks in advance.
    Mark

• A new profile is created by re-naming the "Default" folder. The browser creates a new one, and then you move your critical data back into that new one from the renamed one.

• Same problem here.

I still dont get how to create new profile… Where is this "Default" folder?
    I go to C -> program files -> Vivaldi -> and there is no "Default" folder. When I rename Vivaldi folder nothing seems to happen..

This problem is really bad..

• On macOS, the "Default" folder is at:
    /Users/yourName/Library/Application Support/Vivaldi/Default

On Windows, the "Default" folder is apparently at:
    C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default
    (That's what I found when I DuckDuckGo'ed for the location. Since I'm on a Mac, I can't verify the location but it does look correct to me.)

• Thanks, now I finally found it and it helps, panel is back but missing all my setting. Still better than nothing - Thanks you.

• @uncl:

Thanks, now I finally found it and it helps, panel is back but missing all my setting. Still better than nothing - Thanks you.

"…and then you move your critical data back into that new one from the renamed one."

Your settings may be the thing that caused the problem - so you don't want to restore those. You want to start over on them.

• @NSSynapse:

On macOS, the "Default" folder is at:
    /Users/yourName/Library/Application Support/Vivaldi/Default

On Windows, the "Default" folder is apparently at:
    C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default
    (That's what I found when I DuckDuckGo'ed for the location. Since I'm on a Mac, I can't verify the location but it does look correct to me.)

Much easier way to find it - open Help / About
    And look at Profile Path

• @TbGbe:

I was going to say that, but the user had already found it, so it seemed superfluous.

• @Ayespy Yes, but I intended it more as a note to NSSynapse (and possibly others) for future reference.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.