HTML5 validity popups not appearing

• If you have the following html code: <input id="searchFormId" required="" type="number" min="9200000000000000" max="9299999999999999" name="id" class="form-control" placeholder="card" oninvalid="setCustomValidity('Card number must be 16 digits long and start with 92')"> then when you enter an invalid number (eg 6) and click off the field, the oninvalid should trigger and show a popup with the error message. This works well in Chrome. Nothing happens in Vivaldi. This should be an internal browser popup of some form. Not sure if some of the other html5 validation is properly showing internal browser errors either - e.g. pattern..? Not sure if this is Windows specific - I don't have any other o/s to test on, sorry!

• @howardb:

If you have the following html code:

then when you enter an invalid number (eg 6) and click off the field, the oninvalid should trigger and show a popup with the error message. This works well in Chrome. Nothing happens in Vivaldi. This should be an internal browser popup of some form.

Not sure if some of the other html5 validation is properly showing internal browser errors either - e.g. pattern..?

Not sure if this is Windows specific - I don't have any other o/s to test on, sorry!

Welcome to the forum!
    I can't test your code now, but you can consider trying to call a simple alert or a console.log in your "oninvalid" event to see if the event triggers

EDIT: I tried to call an alert(1); in the speed dial and it froze the interface, so the browser became unusable.
    I guess they still have to do some work on the dev tools/js etc

-Win7 x64, Vivaldi (latest snapshot to date) 32bit

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.