Site-specific browser

• Peppermint Linux opened my eyes to these things and it would be great if Vivaldi could integrate something like it. Maybe right-click a page -> "Make SSB"

@benjephunneh Click the badge in the URL field to set site-specific settings. Does do what you need?

0_1538176405816_Site Settings.png

• I believe site-specific settings are unrelated. I've not found in the settings any option to create a SSB.

Site-specific browser

This term is not very known to others.
    Please explain your need.

• I'll explain, but I didn't explain for a couple reasons:

1. I'm sure I couldn't explain as well as others (there is a Wikipedia entry for SSBs, for example)
    2. I find self-discovery to be more fruitful

So, a SSB is a browser window that is dedicated to a single page. For example, if you watch Netflix, you could create a SSB for that page, put a shortcut on your desktop for it, and open it just as you would a normal computer program. It's as if you've installed a Netflix program, but it's really just a dedicated browser window, hence the name "site-specific."

As another example, say you use Outlook.com for e-mail. No need to install an e-mail program such as Office, Evolution, etc. Create a SSB. It would be just another Vivaldi window, technically, but it's dedicated, just like a Web Panel.

I hope that helped.

Starting as a app only does not work i current Chromium 69 and Vivaldi, too.
    I do not know if Chromium devs removed the usage of browser apps.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.