Tree-style Tabs

• Simply like extensions do πŸ™‚
    And we also have a vivaldi version of it πŸ™‚

• My tab bar is on top, so I wouldn't benefit from this. However, it would be a very welcome addition to the window panel, rather than to the tab strip.

• @lonm said in Tree-style Tabs:

My tab bar is on top, so I wouldn't benefit from this. However, it would be a very welcome addition to the window panel, rather than to the tab strip.

Would be useful in both views. πŸ˜›
    Actually, window panel has a sort of tree view - but I'm not sure it follows a real hierarchy - while tab bar hasn't.
    But tab bar can display audio-tab icon while window panel can't.
    They should allow to do almost the same things and suit to different workflows πŸ˜›
    Of course is not for tabs on top/bottom πŸ™‚

• I know this may be quite a big feature to implement, but damn would it be cool (And really distinguish vivaldi from its competitors, just sayin').

I often have many tabs open at once and this would be a great way to organize them.

• I tried tab stacking.
    I tried the window view in the window panel.
    Both are not up to the task.

Please please please integrate a real tree-style tabs, with unlimited hierarchy, with easily closing or hibernating a whole hierarchy, with optional automatic tree colapse, with session saving, etc.

• @favincen said in Tree-style Tabs:

integrate a real tree-style tabs, with unlimited hierarchy, with easily closing or hibernating a whole hierarchy, with optional automatic tree colapse, with session saving, etc.

Yes! Or, add all the functionalities of the tabbar to the window panel. Then, I would disable the tabbar and use the window panel instead!

• I'd also like the notions of Stack and Tree to be unified.

A tab stack can be viewed as a node in a tree. So, it would be nice if the user would be able to switch between the two views.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.