Strange CPU Usage on Opening Vivaldi

• I have searched but I couldn't find any other posts on this subject. I have a CPU, Memory, Disk & Network gadget on my desktop next to my working windows. When I open Vivaldi - going back to my first use in January - my CPU usage spikes to 100% for several seconds, then drops down to 0% to maybe 3%, and then stays there for quire a while. Sometimes if I have Vivaldi, Opera 12, Outlook 2010, WordPerfect, xplorer2 and Quicken or something else open, the usage stay around 10% or lower. Then Vivaldi will start requiring more CPU time and the usage will get to 35% to 50% or higher and stay there or continue to build. If I exit Vivaldi then the usage drops to below 10%. I can restart Vivaldi and the usage stays at 10% for a while, then eventually starts to build up again. I have never seen that behavior before. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

Ever run Chrome? Multi-process browsers tend to do this - some worse than others.

• Yep! You are right. I have used Chrome so seldom, I never paid attention to the usage when it loads. Thanks!

• For me Chrome (or any other browser) doesn't come even close to CPU usage on start up. When I click the Vivaldi icon, CPU jumps to 4x100% (I have a quad-core) and stays like that for 10-15 seconds. Pretty weird IMO…

I use Vivaldi latest snapshot on Elementary OS Luna.

My CPU spikes to 100% for four or five seconds opening Vivaldi, and also spikes to 100% (six cores) for two seconds opening Opera or Chrome. Vivaldi will be optimizing their resource usage as time goes on.

• I sure hope so. Just for the record, I use Opera, Opera Dev,Chromium, Firefox, Midori and none of them have CPU usage even close to Vivaldi's on startup…

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.